Great article re City & what it means to be a fan

This guy isn't a City fan but has used us to try to illustrate what being a fan of a sports team involves. Well worth a read.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/what-does-success-mean-for-long-suffering-sports-fans-an-identity-crisis-say-researchers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciam%2Fmind-and-brain+%28Topic%3A+Mind+%26+Brain%29

The one thing he's missed is that, as fans, we are a complete contrast to the rags, with their sense of entitlement and arrogance.
Not sure you could properly describe it as a 'complete contrast', PB.

There's definitely some entitlement creeping in.

Excellent find PB. That bit about some of us, er, older City fans being confused about us not being shit any more rings true, for me anyway. I've been conscious about the club since the very early seventies and, for most of that time, we've been, at best, mediocre. Sure, there was the odd bright period, but they were few and far between. And then everything changed in autumn 2008. There are times when I still can't believe our luck that HRH chose us.

Funnily enough, I came across my banana deflated just the other day, with an old scarf tied around it, it made me smile and think of simpler times. Good article, no identity crisis from me, rather win and be hated than lose and be patronised.

I was there when we were shit (early 60s) then we were good, then we were shit again, now we're good.

Apart from being a raving masochist, I'm still confused. Dear Dr Freud, should I take more water with it, or am I perfectly normal?

Good read, though.

I like you and your comment about the Carling cup final earlier mate.
Sorry. Tried to reply to it, but was on a train back from Leicester (and not Wolverhampton in the end) and the reception was wank so I couldn't reply, annoyingly.

Was going to say that Sergio's trap for Nasri's goal was sublime and often overlooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.