Great bands from Stalybridge

Harry Rutter who played with them was from Ashton his mam lived on our street;he went on to own the Star on Old St.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJaaTHdHp8Y[/youtube]

My band "Fly The Bird"! And not forgetting the now sadly split up "The Words". About 8 years ago there was a really good set of bands in Stalybridge centered around a small but buzzing venue called Viva. Halcyon days.

banjo said:
My band "Fly The Bird"! And not forgetting the now sadly split up "The Words". About 8 years ago there was a really good set of bands in Stalybridge centered around a small but buzzing venue called Viva. Halcyon days.

Viva really was a quality place to go mate, always a great buzz in there especially during summer. Shame it went.

Seen a bloke playing the washboard and spoons in the Bulls Head on Knowl St once, he was good!!!

waterloo blue said:
Harry Rutter who played with them was from Ashton his mam lived on our street;he went on to own the Star on Old St.

The Star used to be the last 'normal' pub stop on the way into Ashton on our weekly bag-a-shag or was that shag-a-bag weekends in my youth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.