Great City call on TS

Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie topped the "best value player" poll, followed by Newcastle United striker Demba Ba and Tottenham's Scott Parker.

I thought WTF so checkedout the following:

Parker £5.5m at age 30 (now 31)
De Jong £18m at age 24 (now 27)
Kompany £6m at age 22 (now 26)
Zabaleta £6.45m at age 23 (now 27)
Barry £12m at age 28 (now 31)

Yeah, good vfm for what he does and compared with players in similar positions bought by City (Kompany was more def midfield than CB, Zaba versatile) Spuds got him at a good price, considering that De Jong and Barry were fully experienced internationals and important to their international teams.

It still stands out though that Kompany, although not fully developed as a player at the time was by far the best value for money.

Parker, yeah, decent vfm but you also get what you pay for and that's what spuds and England have got, a cheap terrier like ball winner not suited to the higher demands of world football.

I heard that call this morning. So proud of the way that guy defended City and put us in the best light possible.

Carver said:
Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie topped the "best value player" poll, followed by Newcastle United striker Demba Ba and Tottenham's Scott Parker.

I thought WTF so checkedout the following:

Parker £5.5m at age 30 (now 31)
De Jong £18m at age 24 (now 27)
Kompany £6m at age 22 (now 26)
Zabaleta £6.45m at age 23 (now 27)
Barry £12m at age 28 (now 31)

Yeah, good vfm for what he does and compared with players in similar positions bought by City (Kompany was more def midfield than CB, Zaba versatile) Spuds got him at a good price, considering that De Jong and Barry were fully experienced internationals and important to their international teams.

It still stands out though that Kompany, although not fully developed as a player at the time was by far the best value for money.

Parker, yeah, decent vfm but you also get what you pay for and that's what spuds and England have got, a cheap terrier like ball winner not suited to the higher demands of world football.

and according to all reports, spurs are baulking at City's £10m price tag on Adebayor who's 28 years old, a striker and scored 18 goals last season

Astley Lad said:
I think we'll probably find that Irani sells off his season tickets to make a few quid 'cos every time I've heard him mention a United game he's only ever watched it from his living room.
There are a lot of Utd fans who do that. Lad I sit next to at work goes to games, and has 2 others which he sells on a match by match basis and it covers cost of his own season ticket. When you hear that City v Utd tickets were going for over £1K you can see why people do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.