Great day for the Cities Economy

Citysmith

Well it's great to see that City winning the league brought a £4million bonus to the city of Manchester on Monday.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...2660_manchester-city-win-brings-city-4m-boost

Overall City's league win could net Manchester £1bn a year by elevating the club to the elite top tier of world football according to think tank New Economy.

Experts say the Blues' success will provide a huge boost to the club's revenues while also promoting the city on the global map.

It's all good news for our hometown.

A huge bonus to both the coffers of Manchester City FC and to the city they proudly represent.

On the opposite side of the coin . . it was a huge blow to the rags earning potential and probably enough to sink salford.

That's a win win IMO.

PS. The more I think about it the better it gets - especially because the rags debt repayments will have factored in the cash contribution of success in at least one competition this season and they won (as we all note with hilarity) fuck all.
It just gets better and better.

What is frustrating however is being turned away from Bars/Restaurants frequently because the Mrs was wearing Colours...

Many places had signs saying no fans allowed/no colours allowed etc etc....

This happened after the game on Sunday and last night at the Parade

Why Always Ste said:
What is frustrating however is being turned away from Bars/Restaurants frequently because the Mrs was wearing Colours...

I'm not a nasty person but i was getting well pissed of with this shit to Ste.
Fucking jobsworth cunts, the pubs that did allow people in were fine, no hassle and they were doing a roaring trade.
Oh well probably a few were rag landlords, fuck em.

I think i single handedly drank opus one dry of Pol Roger.

Off topic but Citysmith did you do Fanzone on Sunday/did anyone/do you know when it will be released? Can't wait to see it

Fucking bullshit the no colours policy. Even bigger joke is I ended up in the Slug and Lettuce (had been aiming for Moon Under Water but they had a no colours in the evening policy - whereas it had been rammed with blues earlier in the day), where they started out with three people serving at the bar whilst I waited twenty minutes like a right tit as the bar staff became two and then one. One person serving hundreds of thirsty blues who've just won the title. Fucking madness, how much money did that place lose? I gave it up as a bad job and caught the 8 O'Clock bus back home.

marl0we said:
Off topic but Citysmith did you do Fanzone on Sunday/did anyone/do you know when it will be released? Can't wait to see it

No mate. No Fanzone on Sunday was at the game. There is only 1 fanzone booth and with all the games on SKY decided to run without anyone in there. Cheers for asking

Why Always Ste said:

Sunday after the game was fucking embarrassing finding somewhere to drink was like finding rocking horse shit. The authority's should be ashamed

In TV21 at 1pm on Sunday. About 5 other people in there, clearly none of them were football fans

One of our party was told to cover up the colours otherwise not getting served

It was even worse after the game. Got to Sinclairs about 8-ish and they wouldn't let us in as they were closing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.