Great Expectations - (top article on mancityblues)

Swordfish7

http://mancityblues.com/newsblog/index.php/2009/10/07/great-expectations-1

Great Expectations

In wanky management speak what we have here at City at the moment is a classic case of the management of expectations. We've been starved for so long that now on the edge of success we're getting a little impatient, the club are doing their best to play down our prospects but we can all see that we are becoming an irresistible force and what once were dreams now appear as an achievable reality.

All our patience, all the years of pain and suffering will soon be at an end and it's the memory of this time that will make the celebration of our success so much more remarkable, it will be an explosion of joy. I can't speak for anyone else but I know for an absolute fact that I'll cry like a baby when we win our first trophy, the salty tears of happiness will like Summer tempests flow and I'll think of my dad and my wonderful uncles and going to Maine Road and loving City.

We don't need the media to tell us what's what, we don't need TV pundits to either fawn over us or dismiss our efforts as their fancy takes them; where were they when we were playing Wycombe? Their opinions are like the rattling of a stick inside an empty swill bucket, we decide how we feel about our club, not these overpaid heads on sticks and rent a quote gobshites. The way you feel about City is entirely up to you but know this, when we do win something the frustration you currently feel will be a big part of your celebration so enjoy the delicious anticipation while you can.

If Ferguson thinks we're noisy neighbours now just wait until he hears from us again very soon. What's that coming over the hill? It's a monster and it's wearing blue.

Ian Guildford

great article and I promise you that all City fans will blub like babies as I did when Hearts beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final
the feeling is unbelievable .. elation and for some strange reason great sadness all mixed up together

Jambo
I can assure you I won't feel any sadness.
Elation, disbelief, relief, love and emotion.
But certainly no sadness!!!!

aye your a hard man Dave
I think the sadness was for all my departed friends and family who couldnt make it.

Great article! Agree with it from start to finish. I've never seen us win anything and, partly for that reason, I also imagine I will cry like a baby when we win summat. Having said this, I genuinely don't know what i'll do because, as I said earlier, I have never experienced that feeling.

Amen, please god hear our prayer...

Excellent article! I cant wait for the tears of joy at our first trophy.

And i'm due a new tattoo but i'm not getting one until we've won something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.