Great Loanee's we never bought

Graceyboy

I think the biggest Mistake was not buying Van Beuten (sp?). I know we were skint at the time, but I think the little money we did have was wasted on others.

Any others?

he wasn't great but i wouldn't have been surprised if pizarro was given a 1 year deal, he would have been more useful than rodwell and garcia so far this year

mansour's tow ropes said:
he wasn't great but i wouldn't have been surprised if pizarro was given a 1 year deal, he would have been more useful than rodwell and garcia so far this year

The thing is he wasn't really used while he was here despite the fact he was very good

BoyBlue_1985 said:

The thing is he wasn't really used while he was here despite the fact he was very good

Was he very good? Seemed very hit and miss to me. I suppose we didn't see enough of him to judge.

cheddar404 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Was he very good? Seemed very hit and miss to me. I suppose we didn't see enough of him to judge.

In patches he never got a run together really. It was one of those strange January bob signings we seem to get

cheddar404 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

he played well in some games but the ones he started he tended to fade in. i don't think he was fully fit, maybe a good pre season would have seen him become a good player for us. he would have certainly been a good option off the bench this year

Peter Beardsley in the season we ended up being relegated at Stoke.
He played a few games and starred in the 3-1 win at Huddersfield.
Then he was released as clubs were only allowed two loanees and Royle brought Bishop in (think the other loan player was Lee Briscoe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.