Great Loanee's we never bought

What about that messi bloke ? he was awesome, wish we,d have kept him on.

I think van buyton is the one. Think hamburg ( not sure on that ) only wanted 3 mill for him. Only remember gaudino playing well in 1 game in 10 any good.i think we played villa at home and he was brillent !! I know he came on loan at first ( not sure if we bought him ?) terry Cooke

The large majority of loan signings we have made were better off staying as loans,

But Van Buytun was very decent.

Really mixed views on here for Riera but for me, in that shower of shite squad was somebody with a little bit of quality. Provided balance and the occasional assist/goal.

We need to think with him where we were at the time, there was no positives during that period and the team was awful. Was gutted when we couldnt pay the measly 2 million.

Van Buyton was pure class. keegan was desperate to sign him permanantly but city couldnt stump up the £2m transfer fee at the time. big shame that.

Beardsley was past it and Riera had 2 good games the derby when he owned Evra and the Souness out Newcastle game, other than that he was a lightweight!

This thread has Maurizio Gaudino all over it, absurd that we ended up with Creaney in midfield the season after.

van Buyten IIRC was willing to wait while city rattled the piggy bank but gave up and went to Hamburg. However the following season we had the 4th best defencive record in the league with Dunne and Distin in imperious form, so not sure we entirely missed out in all honesty, as much as I wanted us to sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.