Great put down from a City fan..

samharris

MEN did a story about about the City ETIHAD jet and of course the comments section on the story was awash with rags taking the piss. I found this comment from a Blue really funny so thought id post it..

"I hear United have tried to tie up a sponsorship deal with one of the life rafts from the Titanic"

good lad.. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1454505_revealed-how-manchester-citys-plane-is-turning-the-air-blue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... e-air-blue</a>

samharris said:
MEN did a story about about the City ETIHAD jet and of course the comments section on the story was awash with rags taking the piss. I found this comment from a Blue really funny so thought id post it..

"I hear United have tried to tie up a sponsorship deal with one of the life rafts from the Titanic"

good lad.. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1454505_revealed-how-manchester-citys-plane-is-turning-the-air-blue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... e-air-blue</a>

Good comeback

This reply is partly because i felt bad for your thread sinking like the titanic ;)

Sleeping_Easy said:
samharris said:

good lad.. ;)

Good comeback

This reply is partly because i felt bad for your thread sinking like the titanic ;)

ta bud...wheres the City humour gone ?? on holiday or sommat.

This reply made me chuckle...

Sir Relic's Nemesis (03/08/2011 at 10:16)

ReportDear MEN Journalists,

You do fine work and your newspaper and website are a pleasure to read. However, despite your general mastery of the wonderful English language, mistakes occur from time to time. Occasionally, an erroneous assumption becomes so ingrained that the mistake enters common usage within the publication.

At the MEN, the word "RUNWAY" is a clear example of this. In MEN articles, it appears to be used to denote any part of an airport. See the caption under photo number one for the latest example. This aircraft is clearly not "on the runway" at all! And if it does end up on the runway with cones and ground-handling equipment around it, you will probably feature the story in headlines on page one.

In the case of Manchester Airport, the two RUNWAYS are strips of level paved ground used for the landing and take-off of aircraft (not for parking!). Upon leaving the runway, aircraft use TAXIWAYS (link-routes used by aircraft manoeuvring at low speed) to reach the APRON, the area upon which aircraft park on a STAND (sometimes referred to as a GATE) for servicing between flights. Stands may be REMOTE (reached by bus) or linked to a TERMINAL BUILDING.

Journalists: please understand that these terms are not interchangeable. The MEN is a newspaper which contains articles, paragraphs, sentences, punctuation etc. You do not use these words interchangeably. The same principle applies to airports too. When you report that something happened "on a runway" the implication is quite different than if it actually happens on the apron.

One for the editorial meeting! MEN journalists can take the lead if you start using these terms correctly, as most other newspapers make this same common mistake. Airports must be a black-hole in the journalism

Cheers B..if we get a hundred replies to this thread we will win on sunday..

Now ive done it.

bluevengence said:
This reply made me chuckle...

Sir Relic's Nemesis (03/08/2011 at 10:16)

ReportDear MEN Journalists,

You do fine work and your newspaper and website are a pleasure to read. However, despite your general mastery of the wonderful English language, mistakes occur from time to time. Occasionally, an erroneous assumption becomes so ingrained that the mistake enters common usage within the publication.

At the MEN, the word "RUNWAY" is a clear example of this. In MEN articles, it appears to be used to denote any part of an airport. See the caption under photo number one for the latest example. This aircraft is clearly not "on the runway" at all! And if it does end up on the runway with cones and ground-handling equipment around it, you will probably feature the story in headlines on page one.

In the case of Manchester Airport, the two RUNWAYS are strips of level paved ground used for the landing and take-off of aircraft (not for parking!). Upon leaving the runway, aircraft use TAXIWAYS (link-routes used by aircraft manoeuvring at low speed) to reach the APRON, the area upon which aircraft park on a STAND (sometimes referred to as a GATE) for servicing between flights. Stands may be REMOTE (reached by bus) or linked to a TERMINAL BUILDING.

Journalists: please understand that these terms are not interchangeable. The MEN is a newspaper which contains articles, paragraphs, sentences, punctuation etc. You do not use these words interchangeably. The same principle applies to airports too. When you report that something happened "on a runway" the implication is quite different than if it actually happens on the apron.

One for the editorial meeting! MEN journalists can take the lead if you start using these terms correctly, as most other newspapers make this same common mistake. Airports must be a black-hole in the journalism

Preferred the life raft comment myself :p

samharris said:
bluevengence said:
samharris said:
Cheers B..if we get a hundred replies to this thread we will win on sunday..

Now ive done it.

Are you sure about this ?

asbo lutely.. :)

Onley another 93 to go then<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 am --<br /><br />
bluevengence said:
samharris said:
bluevengence said:
Are you sure about this ?

asbo lutely.. :)

Only another 93 to go then

Doh 94

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.