Greatest Atmosphere ever at Maine Road

For me the Charlton promotion game and the 5-1 derby both in the Kippax. Also the Stoke night match where we were battering them but went down by a goal, the roar from the stands after a massive tackle from Jeff Whitley and another from Horlock gained us the win 2-1 and eventually promotion

Maine Rd was miles better just because you could balloon about more

Last edited:
everton on a wednesday night on the way to winning the league 1968 the kippax was elrctric newcastle cup replay another wednesday night gave the gate at 60.000 more than that people up the flood lights and the kings comeback maine road what a place

For me the Charlton promotion game and the 5-1 derby both in the Kippax. Also the Stoke night match where we were battering them but went down by a goal, the roar from the stands after a massive tackle from Jeff Whitley and another from Horlock gained us the win 2-1 and eventually promotion

Maine Rd was miles better just because you could balloon about more
Wasn’t that massive tackle from Danny Tiatto ?

The 3-3 derby sticks out a lot for some reason in my mind as I’ve never seen an atmosphere swing so much from joy, expectation of doing another 5-1 a year later with 10 minutes to go being 3-1 up, to nearly loosing it in the last minute to that Pallister shot -

everton on a wednesday night on the way to winning the league 1968 the kippax was elrctric newcastle cup replay another wednesday night gave the gate at 60.000 more than that people up the flood lights and the kings comeback maine road what a place

That Everton game was a cracker. It was City's last home game, the last two games being away at Spurs and Newcastle. The players and the crowd were well up for it. The crowd went mental when Tony Book scored City's first. Tony Coleman got the second with a rocket shot that Gordon West held up his hands to catch but the ball went straight through them. The rags were playing at West Brom and the biggest roar of the night was when the stadium announcer said "Here is a result you may not have heard." The euphoria stopped and the stadium went totally quiet in an instant. "West Bromwich Albion 6..." The incredible roar from the crowd drowned out the rags' score. We'd have looked well if it had been 7! (It was 3).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.