Greatest Black and White MOVIES

BWTAC said:
My favourite film of all time, The Third Man.

This. Brilliant photography of Vienna . Great music . One of the best entrances by a character to a film - Orson Welles - the scene in the doorway when we first meet Harry Lime -I'm
not sure if it is a faulty streetlight or he is just
lighting a cigarette . Just brilliant.

mackenzie said:
The cookie monster said:
It's a wonderful life.

I really disliked that film.
Schmaltzy and crap.
What does Schmaltzy mean ? I watched it for the 1st time in my 47yrs last xmas with my kids and we enjoyed it..

the third man
marx bros go west/duck soup
12 angry men
the night of the hunter
this island earth
the day the earth stood still
invasion of the body snatchers
the maltese falcon
the big sleep
the treasure of siera madra
Harvey

WyongBlue said:
Twelve Angry Men, Citizen Kane, To Kill a Mockingbird, Stagecoach, Mr Smith goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life, Goodbye Mr Chips, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Grapes of Wrath, and How Green was My Valley.............

Knock those last two out and replace them with The Treasure of the Sierre Madre, On the Waterfront and Double Indemnity and I would say we have a pretty definitive list.

urban genie said:
the third man
marx bros go west/duck soup
12 angry men
the night of the hunter
this island earth
the day the earth stood still
invasion of the body snatchers
the maltese falcon
the big sleep
the treasure of siera madra
Harvey
This Island Earth looked really technicolourful last time i watched it maybe time to invest in a new telly.

sky tot said:
mackenzie said:
The cookie monster said:
It's a wonderful life.

I really disliked that film.
Schmaltzy and crap.
What does Schmaltzy mean ? I watched it for the 1st time in my 47yrs last xmas with my kids and we enjoyed it..

Schmaltzy means tug at the heart strings, cheesy, unbelievable, plays to the lowest denominator public endearing crap.

I'm not knocking it, honest ;-) it's lauded as one of the best films ever, so it must be doing something right.

But I just think its crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.