Greatest footballer ever?

You always wonder how often people saw him play outside of international games.

It’s not like Spanish and Italian games were all over our tv screens back then.

Obviously he was a top top player but I’d really only be able to say if someone was the greatest if I’d seen them play absolutely loads.

Well I did.

My family are in that area and support Napoli and I went over a lot too and saw exactly what one man did for a relatively small, underdog of a club and the success he lead them too.

He also played in an era when the pitches were either sandpits or bogs and tough defenders took lumps out of players and refs turned a blind eye.

Yes he took drugs, he's not the first and he's not the last and yes he cheated, again he's not the first and he's not the last but what he could do with a football was magical.

You always wonder how often people saw him play outside of international games.

It’s not like Spanish and Italian games were all over our tv screens back then.

Obviously he was a top top player but I’d really only be able to say if someone was the greatest if I’d seen them play absolutely loads.
And yet you don’t seem to wonder how much of the Brazilian league denislawsbackheel saw.

Well I did.

My family are in that area and support Napoli and I went over a lot too and saw exactly what one man did for a relatively small, underdog of a club and the success he lead them too.

He also played in an era when the pitches were either sandpits or bogs and tough defenders took lumps out of players and refs turned a blind eye.

Yes he took drugs, he's not the first and he's not the last and yes he cheated, again he's not the first and he's not the last but what he could do with a football was magical.
You lucky man to have been in Naples at such a time !!

I watched that recent documentary about his time there and it was a remarkable story well worth a watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.