Green and Gold

I played on the actual pitch on Oldham Road behind Wilfs Autospares as it was there up untill the early 80's. I dont know about the Yorkshire bit though?
Newton Heath is full of City fans.

CooperMcfcF/W said:
I played on the actual pitch on Oldham Road behind Wilfs Autospares as it was there up untill the early 80's. I dont know about the Yorkshire bit though?
It was the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway thats the Yorkshire bit!

i just wonder if there a place in London called Newton Heath, might explain a few things.

CooperMcfcF/W said:

Newton Heath Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Football Club is their full original name, and therein lies my yorkshire story.

I've just been out on my dinner in sale and some guy pulled up and asked the way to 'uniteds carrington training ground'.

He was actually going the right way so I told him turn round and keep going forward, its a couple of mile down the road and should be sign posted hehehe

In 1902 Newton Heath were in dire financial trouble the previous season a bazaar was held to raise £1000 not very successfully despite strong support from Manchester City!! On 11th January 1902 a winding up order was granted for the NH Club and it was unopposed The following Saturday they were unable to fulfil their fixture. Subsequently on 5th February a creditor's meeting was held it was established that they owed £2,670 They remained in administration until a meeting in April where four backers came forward and they became united in name

So its ironic that the rags choose to wear the colours of the bankrupt NH to protest against the Galzer family who are doing their upmost to take united the same way But I bet that the morons wearing the colours are unaware at the significancy of the connection

Thanks to Gary James' book Manchester a Football History for the above information.

Didn't Newton Heath play in Navy and White? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. Unless I'm mistaken :/

If so it proves my theory that last night they were in fact patients escaped from a Norwich lunatic asylum and had hijacked a coach bound from the South... its the only way to explain the dribbling, vacant expressions and inane babble.

Fair few rags I know have been giving it large about the result. I have been letting them have their little gloat then saying "see the green and gold protest is gathering strength" Out of 5 that stopped me today only one had a clue what it was all about..... Yet they are die hard fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.