Green energy

ITV at 8-30pm on the future green energy installations, pushing heat pump systems at 10k, solar panels 10/20k if you wanted the radiators changed and it will take between 10-15 years to get your money back. Plus firms using cowboys to install these systems. My question is where the flying fuck do this government think the majority of people will have the money the install as well as a new electric car. I’m glad I’m a FOC but I do worry for the future of our familie.
Poster worried about his own shocker.

What choice do we have? Keep burning oil and hope for the best?

Oil is going nowhere.

To think the whole planet can just ditch it is incredibly naive I’m afraid.

The developing world says stick your just stop oil protests up your arses.

Meanwhile, us British will be made to feel incredibly guilty about our use of oil and to make everyone feel as if they are doing something about it, we will be taxed to death for using it and pushed down the road of other so called greener technologies at great expense to us but with the upshot of the usual few making £Billions out of it.

Oil is going nowhere.

To think the whole planet can just ditch it is incredibly naive I’m afraid.

The developing world says stick your just stop oil protests up your arses.

Meanwhile, us British will be made to feel incredibly guilty about our use of oil and to make everyone feel as if they are doing something about it, we will be taxed to death for using it and pushed down the road of other so called greener technologies at great expense to us but with the upshot of the usual few making £Billions out of it.
I accept oil is not going away, but we have to take real steps to reduce our addiction to it, which will inevitably involve a cost and inconvenience that some people simply don’t want to swallow. And the developed world needs to take a lead on this, or we really are fucked.

I accept oil is not going away, but we have to take real steps to reduce our addiction to it, which will inevitably involve a cost and inconvenience that some people simply don’t want to swallow. And the developed world needs to take a lead on this, or we really are fucked.

No issue at all with that but instead of governments and tech encouraging us with affordable alternatives, they just tax and profiteer out of the next revenue streams open to them.

Mankind gives a fuck about the P&L, nothing else unfortunately.

And then ask for £300,000 for a two bed box?
They already do. Why should buyers have to retrofit at a later date. The cost to the builders would be little different from the installation of a heat pumps over a gas central heating. As seen in this thread people are reluctant to change due to the fear they " don't work in cold weather ". Many countries with much more severe weather than we experience use them. The difference is that they insulate better. Again something the house builders should be doing. In regard to hot water, many new builds install them as part of the points process to get planing permission. Heating should be the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.