Greg Clarke resigns as FA chairman

Greg Clarke referring to "coloured players" whilst trying to be a champion of diversity. Hopefully he'll send himself on the same education course that Bernardo Silva had to go on.
In the year 2020, when every Premier league footballer takes a knee and the Kick Racism Out campaign is in its 3rd? 4th? year this idiot uses 1970's phrases to describe footballers. The whole management set up is a joke.

In the year 2020, when every Premier league footballer takes a knee and the Kick Racism Out campaign is in its 3rd? 4th? year this idiot uses 1970's phrases to describe footballers. The whole management set up is a joke.
Exactly. Let's be honest, it's probably a reflection of how many black people he actually works with on a day to day basis, because if he worked with any, he probably would have accidentally said that and been corrected on it long before now. I'm sure it was an honest slip, but it's probably an honest slip by someone who doesn't have to be very careful with his use of language in his day-to-day job, because the people who might be offended are nowhere to be seen.

Exactly. Let's be honest, it's probably a reflection of how many black people he actually works with on a day to day basis, because if he worked with any, he probably would have accidentally said that and been corrected on it long before now. I'm sure it was an honest slip, but it's probably an honest slip by someone who doesn't have to be very careful with his use of language in his day-to-day job, because the people who might be offended are nowhere to be seen.
Totally agree and that is another problem. They may not wear blazers anymore but they are all of the same age, colour, schooling, private members club etc etc.
They know little about running a business and even less about running football.
Has anyone told him that women now play the game professionally ?

Totally agree and that is another problem. They may not wear blazers anymore but they are all of the same age, colour, schooling, private members club etc etc.
They know little about running a business and even less about running football.
Has anyone told him that women now play the game professionally ?

lets also not forget that he said there are more Asian people in the IT dept than anywhere else in the FA is because " they are likely to choose a different career path" thus labelling all Asian people as IT nerds rather than have any interest in getting involved with the governance of the game !!??? They cut the Major out of Fawlty Towers for talking along the sorts of lines we have witnessed today - total fucking dinosaurs

Greg Clarke referring to "coloured players" whilst trying to be a champion of diversity. Hopefully he'll send himself on the same education course that Bernardo Silva had to go on.
Looks like he's set to quit. No great loss.

Reported now he has quit -I strongly suspect that an apology which stars " IF I said that then I am sorry " - if ffs - he was asked straight away did he realise what he had just said was offensive - was the last straw. Just couldn't accept that what he says carries weight, has an impact and that he might be wrong.......then again he is not the only one of that mindset right now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.