Grenfell Tower block disaster

Absolutely horrendous. Looks like the outside material of the cladding has allowed the fire to spread rapidly and I'm really hoping the occupants had more time to get out than it looked.

Just woke up to this, it's a firefighters fucking nightmare the ladders won't get above the 6th floor depending on access, if it's wind driven you are fighting a losing battle, most people are told to stay in the flat rather than try and escape. It doesn't look good.

There is a guy called Jodi on 5Live who lives close to the scene, and who went inside to help. He was at the scene for about an hour. He has some very harrowing eye witness accounts about people in the building. To be honest, it's not good to listen to, and I won't put on here what he's saying as it could upset people.
Can't find Jodi's account online.

This is devastating.

Horrific to see this morning and just hope and pray that people are found alive and well.

Horrific

What procedure is In place if you live in the 4th/5th floor and the whole bottom 2 are in flames ?

How can you physically escape except from jumping out from a ridiculous height

Horrific

What procedure is In place if you live in the 4th/5th floor and the whole bottom 2 are in flames ?

How can you physically escape except from jumping out from a ridiculous height
Mate you won't survive jumping from that height, like I said if you can't get down the staircase you are advised to stay in your flat and try to stop the smoke coming in with blankets etc, looking at those pictures the death toll could be fucking huge. Firefighters will struggle to even get water up there, I'm just watching ITV and there is a guy trapped in a flat they've been filming him for an hour and they've still not reached him!

Heard a witness earlier who said that the building had been cladded recently to tidy it up. From looks of it this could be a huge indicator as to the fires ferocity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.