Ground rent scandal next PPI

Terraced house on my street, 6 doors away.

Nobody has ever asked us fro any.

Should be able to insure it yourself - the lease will often say the freeholder has to insure it but as long as you meet the insurance requirements there shouldn't be a problem.

Apartments are different because you have to insure the whole building not just your own apartment

There is new legislation due to help with this, it was in the Housing White Paper last month.

The article is from November and therefore does not mention it. Developers have took the piss but if I bought a house I would read every detail and not trust anyone.

I don't think it's going to be retrospective though, I know Wimpey have stopped selling leasehold because of this but I don't know what they can do for the thousands already trapped, as the companies who own the leases would need compensating surely?

Its the most basic thing to ask when buying a house to be honest.
Is it freehold or leasehold?
What is the ground rent?
Price should always reflect the answer to the above 2 questions.

Its the most basic thing to ask when buying a house to be honest.
Is it freehold or leasehold?
What is the ground rent?
Price should always reflect the answer to the above 2 questions.
I knew it was leasehold but my experiences had been a nominal £3.50 a year on my previous houses I never expected what I have now, Christ I live in oldham not Alderley Edge.

I used to get a handwritten bill when I first moved in. Proper spidery old person writing every year in the post. I sent a cheque to an address in Middleton for about £3 iirc. They stopped writing, I stopped paying. Heard nowt for over ten years.

I used to get a handwritten bill when I first moved in. Proper spidery old person writing every year in the post. I sent a cheque to an address in Middleton for about £3 iirc. They stopped writing, I stopped paying. Heard nowt for over ten years.
Law states they can only claim 8 years in arrears IIRC, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers,
Law states they can only claim 8 years in arrears IIRC, so I wouldn't worry too much.
I suppose if he/she has died someone must have inherited it.
P.S. don't know what my sausage fingers have pressed to make it bold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.