Grown Men on Bikes

brooklandsblue2.0

Now, I am not one to judge but I have a long standing belief that real men don't pedal. I have no issues with people choosing to cycle as a hobby but I am yet to meet a man that cycles to work who isn't a bit of a crow.

1) They don't pay road tax, insurance etc.

2) The do not obey the basics of the laws of the road.....I smack round the chops with a highway code would not go a miss for most of them.

3) Any man who see's cycling shorts/lycra in 2009 as suitable attire needs to have a word with himself.

4) Roads are for cars, simple as.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Now, I am not one to judge but I have a long standing belief that real men don't pedal. I have no issues with people choosing to cycle as a hobby but I am yet to meet a man that cycles to work who isn't a bit of a crow.

2) The do not obey the basics of the laws of the road.....I smack round the chops with a highway code would not go a miss for most of them.

3) Any man who see's cycling shorts/lycra in 2009 as suitable attire needs to have a word with himself.

And as a pedestrian standing in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic is sensible is it ?

Went to Amsterdam before heading to Hamburg and pretty much everyone cycled. They had multistory three leveled cycle parks, cycle lanes on every pavement, and it was very very civilised. There were very few overweight people there as everyone was cycling two three miles a day - even people aged 70 etc.

The Dutch have a much better standard of living than we do.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

You can say pretty the much same for just as many - if not more - car drivers, who are much more dangerous. If I was going to be run over, then I'd rather be hit by a moron on a bike than a moron in a car.

BingoBango said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

You can say pretty the much same for just as many - if not more - car drivers, who are much more dangerous. If I was going to be run over, then I'd rather be hit by a moron on a bike than a moron in a car.

Agreed, you have more chances of survival being hit by a bike, I can't deny that.

My issue is more with the type of man that chooses to cycle, normally smug, vegetarian/vegan and drinks fair trade coffee. If they want to use public roads they should be insured and pay road tax.

Richard said:
Went to Amsterdam before heading to Hamburg and pretty much everyone cycled. They had multistory three leveled cycle parks, cycle lanes on every pavement, and it was very very civilised. There were very few overweight people there as everyone was cycling two three miles a day - even people aged 70 etc.

The Dutch have a much better standard of living than we do.

I've been to Amsterdam i went for the drugs not to look at old men on bikes and yes they do have a better standard of living it's all the drug's they take

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

I hate this, I really do, but I agree with BB2. Cyclist are one of may major pet hates, especially when they reach a red light and simply either drive straight through it, or swerve up onto the pavement and ride across the pedestrian crossing as if it's perfectly acceptable. And if one more of the fuckers stops behind me at the lights (when they actually can be bothered to stop) and puts his hands on my car to 'balance himself', I'll stick it in reverse and crush the fucker.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
BingoBango said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Agreed, you have more chances of survival being hit by a bike, I can't deny that.

My issue is more with the type of man that chooses to cycle, normally smug, vegetarian/vegan and drinks fair trade coffee. If they want to use public roads they should be insured and pay road tax.

Most of the cyclists I see here in London when I walk to work each morning are businessmen/women and people on their way to the office. Looking at the impotent frustration on the faces of car and van drivers as the bikes cruise through the gridlocked traffic, I reckon the cyclists have got the better idea.

It seems you have a stereotype in your head that you can't see past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.