Guardian Premier League predictions 13/14 (some belters!)

HelloCity

Remember it's 13/14, so last season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/16/premier-league-predictions-guardian-writers

Title winners: Louise Taylor Tottenham. Europa League involvement and the potential loss of Gareth Bale are worries but Roberto Soldado and Paulinho look excellent signings and AVB is a class coach.

Player of the season: AL Tempting to predict a tale of the unexpected: a José Mourinho-fuelled Fernando Torres.
LT Hatem Ben Arfa. Providing he stays fit, Ben Arfa belongs on a different planet to most mortals. Capable of eclipsing Rooney, Bale and even Suárez.

Signing of the summer: MC Ricky van Wolfswinkel is the bigger name, but Leroy Fer may adapt more easily to English football at Norwich.
DT Nicolas Anelka. He's 34 now but he's looked sharp in pre-season, he's a free transfer and West Brom need a goalscorer without Romelu Lukaku and, probably, Peter Odemwingie.
LT Paulinho. A sort of Brazilian Frank Lampard, his ability to score freely from midfield promises to transform Spurs.

Manager of the season: LT Paolo Di Canio. The self-styled "revolutionary" is clever enough to confound his many critics and lead a reborn Sunderland into the top 10.

Re: Guardian Premier League predictions 13/14 (some belters!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however that's just outright stupidity. Tottenham champions and Odemwingie player of the season? ffs.

I couldn't stop laughing at this

Most looking forward to

LT - Alan Pardew hopefully switching Newcastle's brilliant Italy international Davide Santon from left-back to his more natural right-back role.

I presume she was taking the piss when doing these predictions

TGR said:
The Guardian. The Fucking Guardian.
I ask you - do you really expect anything else?

To be fair, it almost all came from the same journalist.

..I hear that Polly Toynbee is a big footie fan and she is surprised that no one has bid for Monday Bandele and Ryan Naysmith.

Didn't want to start a new thread so i'm popping this nugget in here.
Phil McNulty from the bbc has just put his predictions up, his top 5 is;

1.Chelsea
2.City
3.Rags
4.Liverpool
5.Arsenal

Arsenal 5th!!!
Should add he predicted that last season too.

Outstanding piece of journalism that!
On par with the rest of the paper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.