Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

Twice in their history, 2 more than us, but hardly "proven CL winners".
The article refers to Italian football not just Juventus, that means 12 European Cup/champions league trophies and numerous other finals. I call that proven cl winners.

It came across to me that he was in awe that we had gone to Naples and destroyed the team that was top of Serie A who had won 7 on the bounce. I do wonder if they had beaten us home and away as comprehensively as we had them, what the headlines would be. Guardiola had been found out, cant do it in the Champs League, apprentice beats the master etc

Man City manager Pep Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

GettyImages-861889888.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/pep-guardiola-tactics-man-city-13880950
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/pep-guardiola-tactics-man-city-13880950

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini claims that the influence of the Manchester City boss has made a mess of traditional Serie A defending...

Manchester City were memorably blamed for ruining English football … and now Pep Guardiola is getting the rap for destroying the Italian game, too!

The Blues smashed Serie A leaders Napoli on their own patch last week, putting four past a team that had previously only conceded three all season on their formidable home turf at San Paolo.

But now Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has claimed that Guardiola's fluid, interchangeable, attacking style has made a mess of traditional Italian defending.

The Italy international seemed to be referring to the fact that Napoli themselves, under Maurizio Sarri have played in a similar way to the Blues to hit top spot in their league this season.

And Chiellini says that the refreshing change is making a mess of everything he was brought up to believe.

And here's me thinking the Catenaccio Italian's would be taking their lead from Moureen. :-)

Its up to coaches to figure a way of stopping City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.