Guardiola rift with Barcelona

Tell The King

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/12/pep-guardiola-barcelona-peace

Thought this was a really interesting article, sounds like that Rosell is a really unpopular figure among his ex-colleagues (things I've heard from Joan Laporta). Possibly a reason Sorriano and Txiki came over?

"Pep Guardiola has lashed out at the Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell, and the club's directors for not leaving him in peace after he left the club. Guardiola said he was incensed by the suggestion that he had not made the effort to see Tito Vilanova, his former assistant and current Barça coach, when Vilanova had travelled to New York for cancer treatment.

"I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word," Guardiola, now the Bayern Munich coach, said. "I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave. I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine – I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola left Barcelona in mid-2012 after four seasons in charge, saying he needed to "recharge my batteries" by taking a year's sabbatical in New York.

"Too many things have happened that have crossed the line," Guardiola told the media in Lake Garda in Italy, where Bayern are holding a pre-season training camp. "I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault. To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that.

"If any of the things I've said is not true, come out and rebut it, but it has to be them [Rosell and the board], not intermediaries or Barcelona messengers. Them."

Despite his anger, Guardiola intends to be cordial when Bayern play Barcelona in a pre-season friendly on 24 July. "I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said. "The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about – all I asked was to be left in peace.

"I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German. That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

Scouse_Jimi said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I hope he manages us in the future

Doubtful...the EPL is currently a three horse race, Guardiola only seems to want to manage in two horse races
It'll be a 2 horse race again by the time he leave Munich in 2/3 years.

MSP said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I hope he manages us in the future

Doubtful...the EPL is currently a three horse race, Guardiola only seems to want to manage in two horse races

He is managing in one horse league now, you can bet on it.

Considering Bayern won the Bundesliga by 25 points, it already is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.