Guardiola's best signing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There've been fewer duds than people will give Txiki credit for.
Yep, especially during the Pep era. There were a few under Pellegrini but also some real gems like Negredo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Sterling. I thought Lampard was a bit of a masterstroke too.

From that list I'd say the only players that haven't contributed something to our trophy haul,apart from those arriving this summer, are
Nolito
Mendy
Angelino
Though injury has played a part in Mendy's case.

Ederson 9 Best GK on earth (better than that scouse fraud)
Walker 9
Laporte 9
Torres 9 So cheap and will be here for another 10 years hopefully
Dias 8.5 (still new, if he continues it'll be a 10)
Bernardo 8.5
Angelino 8,5 Activated the buy back clause for 10 mil and will probably be sold for 30 mil to Leipzig. Free money.
Gundogan 8 Cheap, Loyal,
Jesus 8 Great scouting, will do amazing once King Kun stops I'm quite sure.
Cancelo 8 Will be the perfect Walker replacement, can also play in midfield, attack AND left back.
Steffen 7 Great goalkeeper for a cheap price. If he does goed for the USA in the world cup and keeps on doing good for us we can sell him for three times his price easily
Sané 7
Danilo 7 Also earned his money back when we sold him and he has some important goals
Stones 7 If he keeps up this level it will be a 8,5 easily but for now...
Rodri 7
Mahrez 6,5
Aké 6 unnecessary imo, still only 25 though
Bravo 5,5 Was bought as first GK and failed miserably. Then did quite decent as second GK imo.
Mendy 5
Nolito 4 Net spend (selling price - buying price) was 9,9 million pound. For a player that basically did nothing.

For me it’s Ederson by a country mile. He adds more to the way we play than any of the others.

Which other goalkeeper has an assist in a cup final?

Its quite a list and to be fair he has mostly got a tune out of the vast majority.

1.Unequivocal success:

Ilkay Gundogan
Leroy Sané
Gabriel Jesus
Bernardo Silva
Ederson
Kyle Walker
Aymeric Laporte
Rodrigo Hernandez
Joao Cancelo
Ruben Dias
Ferran Torres

2. Reservations or too soon to tell

John Stones (looking for promotion to cat 1.)
Claudio Bravo
Benjamin Mendy
Riyad Mahrez
Zack Steffen
Nathan Aké

3.Poor signings

Nolito
Danilo

4. Was given little chance so cant judge

Angelino
why was danilo poor???

Jesus Christ, some of you have short memories!

Laporte with 3 votes, despite being the best, or 2nd best centre half in the league for the best part of 3 seasons when we got 100 points, then 98 and won the quad.

And 21 votes for Ruben Dias, who's had a really promising start and a brilliant performance against the Shite in the League Cup.

I really like Dias, but talk about shiny new toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.