Guillem Ballague on David Villa Deal

City's spending power will be what "kicks off" the jan window so until we splash big cash no-one else will be doing fuck all.

Once we have spunked some serious till then other clubs will be able to buy - Kaka comes to us for 80 mil, Benzema goes to Milan for 40 mil etc etc.

Easy really!

Rammy Blue said:
City's spending power will be what "kicks off" the jan window so until we splash big cash no-one else will be doing fuck all.

Once we have spunked some serious till then other clubs will be able to buy - Kaka comes to us for 80 mil, Benzema goes to Milan for 40 mil etc etc.

Easy really!

Which begs the question, why would we begin early. Surely it would be better to wait to reduce everyone else's chances of buying?

dannybcity said:
Rammy Blue said:

Easy really!

Which begs the question, why would we begin early. Surely it would be better to wait to reduce everyone else's chances of buying?

simple answer, cos we are shite and are desperate for the new players!

dannybcity said:
Rammy Blue said:
simple answer, cos we are shite and are desperate for the new players!

We can last two weeks. I hope we don't sign anyone till at least half way through Jan.

not a lot we can do about it danny although i see your point, ADUG will wnat to make a statement of intent and will want to dominate all headlines for maximum PR from the minute the window opens - obviously this means it will be a "fun ride" for all us fans and i can't wait to see the new year in with SSN!!!

svennis pennis said:
David Villa's agent knows that the player is in demand and realises that he must wait and until all of the potentially interested clubs – essentially those with enough money to even consider signing a player with a €150 million buy-out clause - have made their intentions clear. We are clearly talking about a very small number of clubs that includes the likes of Chelsea, Manchester city, Milan, Real Madrid, etc. So, until all of the options are clear, Villa will not be signing for Man City and in spite of what several newspaper reports have claimed, no final decisions have been taken.
[/quote]

The guy who does La Liga for Talkshite,Sid Lowe said yesterday that the buy out clause is only legally binding between Spanish Clubs.If Villa has a 150 million buy out clause and we offer that amount is still doesnt have 2 be accepted.

I just wonder if Real Madrid,with all the shite going on there with the internal politics,that Calderon could pull this out the bag cos its obvious Villa wants to stay in Spain and it would gain Calderon brownie points.

staffs_blue said:
I just wonder if Real Madrid,with all the shite going on there with the internal politics,that Calderon could pull this out the bag cos its obvious Villa wants to stay in Spain and it would gain Calderon brownie points.

well they've already announced the signing of huntelaar, which means he's already got a marquee signing, but, still, there's something in what you're thinking. I guess it comes down to their finances. I hope that they won't be able to compete with any upfront fee we can offer, but one of their friends in high places may be prepared to finance the deal (often the way it works for real)

bizzbo said:
staffs_blue said:

but one of their friends in high places may be prepared to finance the deal (often the way it works for real)

Like King Juan Carlos?? ;-)

staffs_blue said:
svennis pennis said:
David Villa's agent knows that the player is in demand and realises that he must wait and until all of the potentially interested clubs – essentially those with enough money to even consider signing a player with a €150 million buy-out clause - have made their intentions clear. We are clearly talking about a very small number of clubs that includes the likes of Chelsea, Manchester city, Milan, Real Madrid, etc. So, until all of the options are clear, Villa will not be signing for Man City and in spite of what several newspaper reports have claimed, no final decisions have been taken.

The guy who does La Liga for Talkshite,Sid Lowe said yesterday that the buy out clause is only legally binding between Spanish Clubs.If Villa has a 150 million buy out clause and we offer that amount is still doesnt have 2 be accepted.

I just wonder if Real Madrid,with all the shite going on there with the internal politics,that Calderon could pull this out the bag cos its obvious Villa wants to stay in Spain and it would gain Calderon brownie points.[/quote]

The Spanish economy is in a worse state than ours, there is not a club in the world (apart from City) that could pay £50 million plus in one payment, there is no chance of Real being rescued by the Spanish Government (left wing one at that) the EU would never allow it, so they are not realistic contenders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.