Guitar players, help please!

markbmcfc

Beginner, picking it up pretty well but the F chord is doing my fucking head in.

Just wondered if theres any tips people have found when learning that could help before my Guitar goes west through my window.

I'm barring the first fret, 2nd finger on the G 2nd fret, 3rd finger A string 3rd fret and 4th Finger D string 3rd fret.

Can get the first fret ringing out, and can get 2nd/3rd/4th fingers ringing out, just not together! All kinds of stupid distortion and muting the minute my 3rd finger goes down.

Self teaching so asking you lot rather than a tutor :)

Try no barring it.

Try yer index on the E and B string 1st fret, second finger G string second fret, then 3rd and pinky on d and a strings 3rd fret, with yer thumb wrapped over the E string first fret.

Thanks guys, tried the two suggestions. Sounds like im strumming with a shovel.

Will just keep plugging away. I seem to mute stings with my stumpy fingers!

markbmcfc said:
Thanks guys, tried the two suggestions. Sounds like im strumming with a shovel.

Will just keep plugging away. I seem to mute stings with my stumpy fingers!

Keep at it chief, it does take time but you'll get there.

Try to pull your arm further under and your thumb print flat on the curve of the neck, it helps you to apply even pressure across your index finger. Also, try not to curve your index finger.
It is a woman of a chord for a learner, but there is alternatives as has been mentioned.
Hope this helps.

f-major-chord01.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.