Gutted and annoyed.

paphos-mcfc said:
tomhawley said:
Personally speaking, with plans to move out of the country in the near future iv always had the opinion that if I'm not paying for someone iv invited then I'll never be upset they don't come.

If you move away then you can't expect people to shell out because you made that choice. (I know that this isn't a cash thing btw just speaking generally) I guess its not an option for you all to fly home to be with your "other" family for a party shortly after? If its not about the religious side for you?

See your point mate, but my sister would have had free food and accommodation and I would have gladly helped out with the flight costs if she asked. This as I said before is the first child in her immediate family adn my sister seemed excited in the build up.

It is something you might just have to get used too.

I left home years ago and have traveled around quite a bit. My sister never bothered to visit me anywhere I have lived in 20 years, aunts, uncles etc did. She could holiday in France, USA, Wales or anywhere else she fancied but never bothered coming to see me. Mrs Stans family are the same, her mum comes over but her dad never has and never will (but to be fair he never leave his home town and the only time he left Ireland he got married, probably too scared to leave again)

When you move away it should be on you to to keep in touch, it is not your families responsibility to travel to you and take their holidays etc.

That's just the way it is.

LittleStan said:
paphos-mcfc said:
tomhawley said:
Personally speaking, with plans to move out of the country in the near future iv always had the opinion that if I'm not paying for someone iv invited then I'll never be upset they don't come.

If you move away then you can't expect people to shell out because you made that choice. (I know that this isn't a cash thing btw just speaking generally) I guess its not an option for you all to fly home to be with your "other" family for a party shortly after? If its not about the religious side for you?

See your point mate, but my sister would have had free food and accommodation and I would have gladly helped out with the flight costs if she asked. This as I said before is the first child in her immediate family adn my sister seemed excited in the build up.

It is something you might just have to get used too.

I left home years ago and have traveled around quite a bit. My sister never bothered to visit me anywhere I have lived in 20 years, aunts, uncles etc did. She could holiday in France, USA, Wales or anywhere else she fancied but never bothered coming to see me. Mrs Stans family are the same, her mum comes over but her dad never has and never will (but to be fair he never leave his home town and the only time he left Ireland he got married, probably too scared to leave again)

When you move away it should be on you to to keep in touch, it is not your families responsibility to travel to you and take their holidays etc.

That's just the way it is.

That's the way it is the I guess? Would of thought a few days of glorious sunshine might have done me a favour, then I guess there are people who are happy stayng in the pouring rain.

It may sound OTT to make an 8hr round trip for a Christening but it's about more than that. It's also a good excuse to see your brother on what is one of the most important days of his life, and also seeing your nephew.

I'll come Gaz if you go halfs on flighs with me, I'm ok for accomodation!

simmers said:
It may sound OTT to make an 8hr round trip for a Christening but it's about more than that. It's also a good excuse to see your brother on what is one of the most important days of his life, and also seeing your nephew.

Ok Dave, but to make me feel happy, would you mind dressing up as my sister?

paphos-mcfc said:
simmers said:

Ok Dave, but to make me feel happy, would you mind dressing up as my sister?

Yep...it just got weird.

Was she thinking she may of been involved somehow as in godparent capacity maybe ? now im guessing here she isnt so probably doesnt see that its biggy for you wanting her to be there and also have you stated to her how much you wanted her there etc judging by your comments id guess not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.