Haiti

Such a terrible shame what is happening in Haiti, it’s absolute chaos, government overthrown, police stations burnt down, prisoners released from prison by violent gangs, bodies lying on the streets and cannabilism is rife. Humanitarian disaster and Dominican Republic and America deeply concerned about mass migration. Like a Somalia style catastrophe in the Caribbean, it’s difficult to see how this issue is going to be resolved short and long term.

Such a terrible shame what is happening in Haiti, it’s absolute chaos, government overthrown, police stations burnt down, prisoners released from prison by violent gangs, bodies lying on the streets and cannabilism is rife. Humanitarian disaster and Dominican Republic and America deeply concerned about mass migration. Like a Somalia style catastrophe in the Caribbean, it’s difficult to see how this issue is going to be resolved short and long term.

Its been pretty much a basket case on and off since the days of Papadoc

Its been pretty much a basket case on and off since the days of Papadoc
Yep. It’s already been the scariest place on the planet for decades and has now managed to get even worse. I’ve no idea how anything is going to be done there to change things, largely because the place has no natural resources to make it worth anyone’s while. I know that’s a brutally transactional and non-humanist perspective, but it’s more than likely true.

Yep. It’s already been the scariest place on the planet for decades and has now managed to get even worse. I’ve no idea how anything is going to be done there to change things, largely because the place has no natural resources to make it worth anyone’s while. I know that’s a brutally transactional and non-humanist perspective, but it’s more than likely true.

Andy Kershaw used to report on it on the BBC 20+ years ago

Not gonna be booking my next holiday there
The contrast from Dominican Rep holiday resorts to Haiti, is as different as chalk and cheese. We went on a trip in Monster trucks through their countryside, to visit the border lands where the Haitians were picking sugar cane in blistering heat, and as you can imagine not a happy face was to be seen.

Its only paradise if your in the confines of a luxury A.I, and even local towns around Bavaro were not recommended.

PkStcSD.jpg

Their countryside is really beautiful if your not living in poverty.
The river were they filmed Apocolypse Now was beyond surreal.

eSLOXUh.jpg

I think Jurrasic Park was shot here too.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.