Hands up who thinks we can finish 7th

kippax neil said:
Six points off 7th at the moment with 7 games left.

We can still do 7th but imho we can't afford to lose another game this season.

The next 2 games are simple - 6 points or forget it. Our away form means that we have to win every home game and that is not always going to happen. We are now in a position where we need to win at least one of our remaining away games.

A tall order I hear you cry. But that's just tough, we've gone to places like West Brom, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Stoke and Newcastle and not won so now we have to come up with the goods.

Don't wanna be pessimistic but Stoke are only 3 points behind us and they are in a relegation battle. Not saying we are in one but 7th is well beyond our reach and I think we are just gonna have to settle for 9/10th which is about where we fininshed last season but with more points

seventh is absolutely still do-able, west ham have been on a good run but they have some toughies to come

tottenham away

villa away

chelsea home

stoke away

liverpool home

everton away

middlesborough home last day of the season.

in fact i think we might well be level on points in a couple of weeks time

sorry if this has been covered before

No, the problem is we are going to pick up next to no points on the road, I don't see us taking more than 3 points, and even if we run the table with the home games that's 15 points and that simply won't be enough.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest the sort of dramatic improvement that would be needed for us to finish in 7th place.

I'm not saying I don't want us to, so you can forget accusing me of negativity, or even bizzarely suggesting that not being ultra positive actually influences results. I'd love City to win every game until the end of the season, but it isn't going to happen.

mammutly said:
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest the sort of dramatic improvement that would be needed for us to finish in 7th place.

I'm not saying I don't want us to, so you can forget accusing me of negativity, or even bizzarely suggesting that not being ultra positive actually influences results. I'd love City to win every game until the end of the season, but it isn't going to happen.

Your right it's not about being negative, it just is what it is... We are not playing well away from home, and we can't take enough points to close the gap, unless we win 1 maybe 2 of the away games.

mammutly said:

we dont need to magically start winning away games. check out the other teams fixtures versus ours. fifteen points from our home games could well be enough.

To me it is all about what we do in UEFA cup, it is easier to win that than finish 7th in league. If we do win it don't care where we finish (not going to be relegated) because we will qualify for Europe next season. If we do get knocked out of UEFA then we won't have games on a Thursday night and Sunday so the home games are easily winable. I can see us getting up to 51 points which would place us 7th. Being super optimistic I can see 7th and winning the UEFA cup.

Rammyblues said:
To me it is all about what we do in UEFA cup, it is easier to win that than finish 7th in league. If we do win it don't care where we finish (not going to be relegated) because we will qualify for Europe next season. If we do get knocked out of UEFA then we won't have games on a Thursday night and Sunday so the home games are easily winable. I can see us getting up to 51 points which would place us 7th. Being super optimistic I can see 7th and winning the UEFA cup.
7th and winning the UEFA cup.
I never thought of that one,that would be perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.