Happy anniversary everyone!

A big thank you to all the Blues who made those 3 days spent in Istanbul so special, Friday night in Taksim Square was only bettered by seeing Junior Walker & the All Stars at the Twisted Wheel all nighter circa 1967! Thanks again.

Ended up in a hotel overnight stranded by crap trains and then an hour long bus home in last night’s clothes. Anything aside from that win and I’d have been angry.

Oh, what a night!
Early summer back in '23
What a very special time for me,
Sweet Cacophonic Joy, what a night.

OK, mixed verses a bit and the last line needs some work .....
That last line is a bit messy, to be honest. It doesn't scan. The original lyric (IIRC).... "Sweet december, what a night"

But 6/10 for effort!

Istanbul never seems to sleep, and the traffic was heavy even at 4am on a Sunday morning. The bus fiasco stopped a log of blues celebrating, I went straight to bed after we got off it as I was up at 7am to get back to the airport. Amazing 28 hours spent in Istanbul in total topped off an unforgettable 7 days off the back of seeing us lift the Fa cup. Don’t think we will see anything like what we witnessed for a very long time to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.