Happy Back Heel Day - 40 years ago (27/4)

Re: 40 years ago today

The match was abandoned and awarded to City as a 2-0 win.
Can you imagine now? They'd shut you down for months.

They had to win to have any chance of staying up. We won so they went down. It's irrelevant that they would have gone anyway. We sent them down with a two-fingered salute. Came out of the scoreboard end and it was mayhem. But I couldn't stop laughing even when a rag thug spat in my face. To be honest it was the best day until 2012. I think I am one of those people who hates them as much as I love City. I am not ashamed of it.

Was in the scoreboard end that day with my younger brother (I was 20 he was 15). When the scum fans got in with us Blues he got a broken nose and he had to go to Salford Royal. A day both of us have never forgotten. LOL

a superb day, but did get trapped in the scoreboard 'pens' when the salford scum came in just before kick off, i had to run across corner of pitch to jump in the paddock (?).
still brilliant day always wind rags up by saying they've got statue of 2 famous City players outside the swamp 'our' Denis and 'our' captain matt busby, they can't figure it out.

urmston said:
The only abandoned match I've ever been to, but one of the most enjoyable.

I was no more that 15 yards away from Denis when he scored.

I must have been near you then. The Bay City Rollers wannabes weren't happy!.....Just pleased to get home in one piece.

mcfcinprague said:
Was in the scoreboard end that day with my younger brother (I was 20 he was 15). When the scum fans got in with us Blues he got a broken nose and he had to go to Salford Royal. A day both of us have never forgotten. LOL

I was 14 and there with my dad who is now 81.

My dad got a punch/slap on the back of the head by a United fan as he rushed past us onto the pitch. Nothing serious and we both enjoyed the on pitch battle between the United fans and the police until we decided to go home.

We had both had high hopes of an enjoyable day seeing United getting relegated but the manner in which it happened exceeded our expectations.

Easily the best match I'd been to for sheer atmosphere, tension and excitement until the QPR game at home in 2012.

never bore of watching this especally right at the very end where the legend mike doyle just stands there hands on waist fronting up the dirty salford rats
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aqY-8cMVdg&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aqY-8cMVdg&sns=em</a>

I was only 7 months old when this great day happened . Dennis Law should have celebrated a bit more than he did . Tueart was really happy when he was talking about it on the greatest derbies .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.