Happy Birthday Alan Oakes

City_Shirts

Champions 37,68,12,14,18,19,21,22, 23, 24, ?
Wishing a very Happy Birthday to City legend Alan Oakes who turns 81 years young today.

Over the course of 17 fantastic years at the club, Alan appeared for City more than any other player in our club’s history with a staggering total of 680 games, scoring 34 goals along way which saw him win 65/66 Second Division, 67/.68 First Division titles, 1969 FAC, 1970 ECWC, 1970 & 76 LC Finals and voted City player of the year in 1975.

oakes1.jpgHappy B

All the best Alan, always remember watching him in the 76 cup final. One of my favourite players at that time.

If you want an example of an underrated player then step forward AlanOakes , one of the best wing halves of his generation (remember them ?) , but overlooked by England ,a constant 7/10 player who avoided injuries and suspensions and just did a great job for the team a modern day Gareth Barry/Rodri , indispensable.

81, Blimey. Happy Birthday Alan. Consistently good performer who passed the ball accurately, tackled fiercely, covered the ground deceptively quickly. A real team man. Goal of his I'll never forget as I stood on the corner between the Kippax and Platt Lane was the long range hammerblow against Bilbao in the ECWC. Its on YouTube take a look if you haven't seen it.

Happy birthday Mr. Reliable. One of the very best.
If you are too young to remember him, think Gazbaz, Kova, Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.