Happy Birthday Meal. Ouch !

tueartsboots said:
£98.00 for a meal for just the TWO of us £98 fucking quid. Two courses each and one, yes ONE bottle of wine--98 bastard quid ! Was sat next to David "Dr Who" Tennant, Richard "Victor {mammutly} Meldrew and Arrabella "does my bum look big" Weir though !

My wife will now kill you as she has a thing for Mr Tennant.Hope the meal went well mate.

I was in London a few years ago and went to an Italian Restaurant which I was later told was visited by some singing Diva the night before. Can't remember who but that's not the point.

Anyway we sat down and saw that it was £20 for a bowl of soup so we walked out.

I'm not a cheapskate, but £20 for a can of Heinz is taking the piss I'm afraid.

I don't mind paying good money for decent grub, and if I finish it and enjoy it, I don't mind paying a fair whack, but there's paying a fair whack, and there's crossing the line.

Lancashire Blue said:
I was in London a few years ago and went to an Italian Restaurant which I was later told was visited by some singing Diva the night before. Can't remember who but that's not the point.

Anyway we sat down and saw that it was £20 for a bowl of soup so we walked out.

I'm not a cheapskate, but £20 for a can of Heinz is taking the piss I'm afraid.

I don't mind paying good money for decent grub, and if I finish it and enjoy it, I don't mind paying a fair whack, but there's paying a fair whack, and there's crossing the line.

Was it really Heinz? That is taking the piss - 4 for £2 at tesco at the minute

BimboBob said:
tueartsboots said:
£98.00 for a meal for just the TWO of us £98 fucking quid. Two courses each and one, yes ONE bottle of wine--98 bastard quid ! Was sat next to David "Dr Who" Tennant, Richard "Victor {mammutly} Meldrew and Arrabella "does my bum look big" Weir though !

My wife will now kill you as she has a thing for Mr Tennant.Hope the meal went well mate.
fooking lovely, Dr Who had the same starter-salt n pepper squid with sweet chilli sauce !

£98 for two is a lot... It's normally the booze that runs the bill sky high in a restaurant.

When I took my missus out for our engagement, the bill was £250 for both of us... but £190 of that was booze. (Expensive Champagne ouch) ... for our next date, we'll be sat in McDonalds car park chowing down on a happy meal.

tueartsboots said:
BimboBob said:
tueartsboots said:

fooking lovely, Dr Who had the same starter-salt n pepper squid with sweet chilli sauce !

Should made him pay for half of it then , as he had half of your starter, the food robbing sod...........................

Pearcey said:
£98 for two is a lot... It's normally the booze that runs the bill sky high in a restaurant.

When I took my missus out for our engagement, the bill was £250 for both of us... but £190 of that was booze. (Expensive Champagne ouch) ... for our next date, we'll be sat in McDonalds car park chowing down on a happy meal.
We SHARED ONE bottle of wine !
The menu:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fredericks.co.uk/food_alacarte.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fredericks.co.uk/food_alacarte.asp</a>

tueartsboots said:

When was your b-day Tony?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.