Happy Birthday Yaya Toure

An absolute beast of a player in his prime, and one of the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to watch, not only for City, but in the game as a whole.

When he went on his marauding runs, there was no stopping him.

And that 13/14 season - he was imperious.

Two of my favourite Yaya moments were both at Wembley. His almost unbelievable equaliser against Sunderland. I actually didn’t believe what I’d seen for a split second. And his penalty in the shootout against Littlewoods. When I saw it was the big man coming to take the decisive kick, I was 99.9% certain that the League Cup was ours again.

What made it even sweeter was the fact that we learnt later that the Yorkshire clogger would have taken the fifth penalty for them.

Yaya was a great player for City, and his contribution to our rise should never be overlooked.

WTF?!?!

Why is Yaya celebrated?

The guy is all about money and couldn't give a fuck about City. Pep had to drive him out of our squad.

Yes Yaya was a great player... but even if he weren't disrespectful towards us... he was fucking lazy at times. When he actually gave a shit, he was unstoppable going forward and was a force for defence. But mostly he was fucking lazy at least on defense... still great going forward though.

If Yaya was so great... why did Pep let him leave? Why isn't there a Yaya statue in front of our stadium?...

Yaya is a fucking prick of a person, we were rid of him (thank goodness) as soon as Pep was able to, and this happy birthday thread for Yaya is stupid.

Happy fucking birthday Yaya - and fuck the fuck off.
Not keen?

All players care about City and not about money - except Yaya. Odd take.

Pep gave him a new contract for a year, but as a the power midfielder he was, at 34 he could no longer play his game to the required level - the same as Serg and Dhino. When they were too slow they were not on the retained list.

Absolutely ridiculous conversion on set pieces that. Really did feel like he scored each time he took a free kick
Was strange that. He had that season of being amazing at them and then only scored 1 other free kick i think

Just watch that jug of diet coke, big lad!

A phenomenal footballer,the best in the world in his position for 3/4years.

He carried City on his back in the early years so it was no wonder he was knackered at age 33/34.

A tit off the pitch, a giant on it !!

Won us the cup in 2011, the league in 2012( no Newcastle no 93 20), thanks fella and happy birthday, you gave ne some of my favourite moments ever.
Fantastic footballer spoilt himself sometimes with his stupid agent giving the impression he wanted out of City periodically. Always seemed to me that he thought he was doing City a favour by playing for us.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous conversion on set pieces that. Really did feel like he scored each time he took a free kick
I still remember watching a training clip him and Nasir practicing free kicks and the next match he hits the exact spot. Best free kick taker I’ve seen in terms of accuracy and skill.

All players care about City and not about money - except Yaya. Odd take.

Pep gave him a new contract for a year, but as a the power midfielder he was, at 34 he could no longer play his game to the required level - the same as Serg and Dhino. When they were too slow they were not on the retained list.
Good point. He had lost his legs near the end of his City career and needed to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.