Happy Father's Day...

Bitter sweet today

first fathers day without my dad who passed last year, would of deffo been round his for the England match with a takeaway tonight.

then again, it was my sons 4th birthday today and he took the time out with playing his new toys and bike to do me a Fathers day card, even spelling Dad by himself.

My dad died 12 years ago. I never once think about him. I saw him everyday and he was literally anonymous or violent in my childhood as i'm sure many people's dads were. I don't blame him. Just be better.

My dad died 12 years ago. I never once think about him. I saw him everyday and he was literally anonymous or violent in my childhood as i'm sure many people's dads were. I don't blame him. Just be better.
I had the same experience. He also put a lot of effort into trying to undermine my confidence. I was in my forties before I realised just how damaging that was.
I tried to do better as a dad. Yesterday my son came round with cards from his kids and a bottle. So maybe I did do a bit better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.