Happy Mondays

MATCITY

I've got a ticket for Saturday at the MEN because my mates Mrs can't go.

To be honest I'm not expecting much because Shaun Ryder has been through more drugs than Boots

Can anyone confirm they will be any good,because being 26 I don't remember them in their prime

Can't see 'em being that great. Without Bez, their mojo is gone.
I love The Mondays, they were the best live band I ever saw (and I've see hundreds).

Back in 88/89 when they released Bummed, even the Roses couldn't hold a light to 'em.
Bez was the most enigmatic front man I've seen and he wasn't even singing.

Hope it's a good gig, the songs are strong, depends if the crowd are 'aving it or not.

MATCITY said:
I've got a ticket for Saturday at the MEN because my mates Mrs can't go.

To be honest I'm not expecting much because Shaun Ryder has been through more drugs than Boots

Can anyone confirm they will be any good,because being 26 I don't remember them in their prime

They were always off their tits anyway mate, so musically they were never the tightest unit live. But a Mondays gig was always top notch regardless.

I remember watching them and Mr Ryder always having the lyrics written down and placed at his feet in case he couldnt remember them.

I dont know if anybody saw the film about them. The scene in which Shaun Ryder is almost comatose and then someone says "You're on in five".

me and mrs seeing them in Sheffield on sunday night - they have always been very good, really looking forward to seeing them again

Swales lives said:
Can't see 'em being that great. Without Bez, their mojo is gone.
I love The Mondays, they were the best live band I ever saw (and I've see hundreds).

Back in 88/89 when they released Bummed, even the Roses couldn't hold a light to 'em.
Bez was the most enigmatic front man I've seen and he wasn't even singing.

Hope it's a good gig, the songs are strong, depends if the crowd are 'aving it or not.

spot on. I saw him on the SWR tour last year and he was poor, but with the Mondays, even without Bez and a lively crowd will be decent. Shame its not some where smaller.

Inspirals always worth seeing too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.