Happy York Away Day

Whilst it was the lowest point to which we have ever dropped in the football pyramid, it didn't feel like the lowest feeling ever at the time. This is because we had games in hand and were still unsure about how far we could ultimately drop. The lowest point psychologically, for me, was relegation at Stoke some seven months earlier.

Nevertheless, happy York away day. Big kudos to all those Blues who stuck by the team in dark times whilst our neighbours rubbed our noses in it. We never gave up.

Whilst it was the lowest point to which we have ever dropped in the football pyramid, it didn't feel like the lowest feeling ever at the time. This is because we had games in hand and were still unsure about how far we could ultimately drop. The lowest point psychologically, for me, was relegation at Stoke some seven months earlier.

Nevertheless, happy York away day. Big kudos to all those Blues who stuck by the team in dark times whilst our neighbours rubbed our noses in it. We never gave up.

Being there and also the season before getting twatted 3-1 at Stockport always will remain thankfully right at the back of my mind these days, but still in there I'm afraid.

Amazing 25 years on and the situation now, but like I say only City could do this to a person, never in doubt of keeping the faith

I mentioned to a couple of mates the legendary status that York away holds on these pages and was surprised to hear them say "well you should know - you were there with us!"
I had somehow forgotten, but now feel privileged to have been part of that happy band, or, errm, large scale evacuation from Manchester...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.