Harpurhey show to be "axed"

Why did it get the go ahead in the first place?

They make "made in Chelsea" look all glitz and glammer then decide to make everyone up norff look like tramps

Re: Harpurhey show to be "axed"

Ive never seen "on the edge" but i imagine the stereotypes of Alderly Edge were of glitz and glamour and that is up north.

I watched both episodes for the first time last night.

The Researchers just went around a rough area, found the village idiots and said: Would you like to be famous?

The village idiots believed the show producers and wahey you have a show.

9/10 of the people on that show have talked openly in front of the camera about some kind of ambition to be Rich & Famous.

This is exploitation and for The BBC to commission a show like this it's even more disgraceful.

There is nothing beneficial from this show at all for the viewer except maybe one cheap laugh.

Why didn't the Cameras come around my way? with one of the lowest crime rates in The North West and one of the highest employment rates...Hmm I wonder to myself

I wouldn't mind chipping in and funding some kind of show where we hire a camera crew and find the roughest shithole darrrrn Saaarf and film those Rags.

Got to agree with the above. What do the south have... The only way is essex, made in chelsea etc.. and what do we get.. An alcoholic gay who is facinated by suicides and lives with a tranny.

I haven't watched any of it but from what I have heard it's like they are trying to prove Manchester is really like Shameless.

SteWadda said:
I haven't watched any of it but from what I have heard it's like they are trying to prove Manchester is really like Shameless.

More the fact the brain dead in the show are Shameless . I was brought up to act the fool to catch wise in certain situations in life . The folk portrayed on this show just act the fool. I hate programmes like this xfactor,jed kyle ,and all the reality crap its just like a public freak show ,sadly these people are poorly educated or /and mentally unstable . There are some truly wonderful and inspiring people in and around Harpurhey and other poor areas of Manchester , that would make a great premise for a tv show , I`d want to watch that . Not some poor souls with issues . Pat Carney should be ashamed , he has let the people of Harpurhey down. Postcode profiling is bad enough ,but what will the paper pusher think of everyone in the area now .

it's embarrassing for people of the area really.

and idiots from all over will believe that's what Mancunians are really like when these are the scum bags of the area (not everyone on the show).

i cringed when i watched it and now wish i didn't bother.

Re: Harpurhey show to be

Martyn said:
Ive never seen "on the edge" but i imagine the stereotypes of Alderly Edge were of glitz and glamour and that is up north.
Good point actually. I never watched that, what happend to it?

cockneycarparkm32 said:
SteWadda said:

More the fact the brain dead in the show are Shameless . I was brought up to act the fool to catch wise in certain situations in life . The folk portrayed on this show just act the fool. I hate programmes like this xfactor,jed kyle ,and all the reality crap its just like a public freak show ,sadly these people are poorly educated or /and mentally unstable . There are some truly wonderful and inspiring people in and around Harpurhey and other poor areas of Manchester , that would make a great premise for a tv show , I`d want to watch that . Not some poor souls with issues . Pat Carney should be ashamed , he has let the people of Harpurhey down. Postcode profiling is bad enough ,but what will the paper pusher think of everyone in the area now .

How can we blame him? What could he do to stop the idiots taking part?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.