Harry due in court on Monday 23rd January 2012 (merged)

Crouchinho said:
Castiel said:
Crouchinho said:
Unfortunately people like robots these days. Wouldn't surprise me if the majority on this board wanted Kenny Dalglish manager instead
How do you guys feel about this whole situation? I'd be worried, considering Redknapp's history with jumping ship. But are you confident or do you expect somebody else to come in?

He'll go I reckon, unfortunately. He is the best man for the job, as there is a lot of problems in the dressing room and around the team. I think he can give them a good kick up the arse and play football.

The only trouble is the job is a poison chalice, there is only so far you can take them. You could have a Jose/Fergie in charge of England it wouldn't change much. They're full of average and above average players at best with egos the size of mountains. It's a tough job for anybody

I hope he stays, he's done a great job, from getting us out of relegation to champions league in a couple of seasons is pretty remarkable. People keep harping on about tactics and this and that, but we had a master tactician in Ramos, and he failed quite miserably.

Levy has to play this one well, this revolving door has always put Spurs back a couple of years, it could disrupt the team quite easily. Modric and Bale could end up leaving if Harry does.

As for the people mentioning West Ham, Pompey, Southampton and Bouremoths financial troubles they need to think a bit more. West Ham raised a lot of money with the sales of Rio 17m and Lampard 10m, they sold the likes of Defoe, Kanoute etc as well. He got them European football which they haven't done since. The board were sloppy with the money and it was only 4 years ago they had the same wage bill as Spurs. They were paying Bellers, Dyer and Ljungberg 80k a week and they were always fighting relegation.

Southampton always had money issues especially when they were at the Dell, for many years they contemplated selling Le Tissier to generate money. Relegation always hits teams even with the blanket payments, let's not kid ourselves. Even selling the likes of Crouch, Beattie, Phillips etc could not clear the debt.

Bournemouth are just another league/non league club that has suffered since the premiership broke away from the football league.

Pompey on the other hand were spending beyond their means, the board/chairman could have easily said no, that's the whole point of a board and chairman. We see it happen with Leeds and Risdale, he was quite happy to let O'Leary spend hundreds of millions gambling on champions league football but it failed. Luckily for him most of the blame was on O'Leary for his dodgy signings and not the one who was paying the likes of Seth Johnson 40k a week

For me football sometimes is a simple game that is made complex by tactics. England have been poor since 99 onwards. They have never had a plan B and never been full of cofidence. The pressure from the media is a joke, it's as if they always want England to fail. They rubbed their hands when Koeman fucked us up for USA 94 qualifying, they were quick to get Glenn Hoddle the sack for non-footballing reasons, quite happy to take the piss out of Sven and Capello too. They need someone to get the players heads up, playing like they would in training in full flow, and someone to take the pressure off from the media. Harry is that man for the timebeing.

England just needs a new generation to come through. Apart from Hart, Rooney and Wilshere I haven't been that impressed with what's come through for quite a few years

what about the 2ND coming tom zidane cleverly

Castiel said:
Crouchinho said:
He'll go I reckon, unfortunately. He is the best man for the job, as there is a lot of problems in the dressing room and around the team. I think he can give them a good kick up the arse and play football.

The only trouble is the job is a poison chalice, there is only so far you can take them. You could have a Jose/Fergie in charge of England it wouldn't change much. They're full of average and above average players at best with egos the size of mountains. It's a tough job for anybody

I hope he stays, he's done a great job, from getting us out of relegation to champions league in a couple of seasons is pretty remarkable. People keep harping on about tactics and this and that, but we had a master tactician in Ramos, and he failed quite miserably.

Levy has to play this one well, this revolving door has always put Spurs back a couple of years, it could disrupt the team quite easily. Modric and Bale could end up leaving if Harry does.

As for the people mentioning West Ham, Pompey, Southampton and Bouremoths financial troubles they need to think a bit more. West Ham raised a lot of money with the sales of Rio 17m and Lampard 10m, they sold the likes of Defoe, Kanoute etc as well. He got them European football which they haven't done since. The board were sloppy with the money and it was only 4 years ago they had the same wage bill as Spurs. They were paying Bellers, Dyer and Ljungberg 80k a week and they were always fighting relegation.

Southampton always had money issues especially when they were at the Dell, for many years they contemplated selling Le Tissier to generate money. Relegation always hits teams even with the blanket payments, let's not kid ourselves. Even selling the likes of Crouch, Beattie, Phillips etc could not clear the debt.

Bournemouth are just another league/non league club that has suffered since the premiership broke away from the football league.

Pompey on the other hand were spending beyond their means, the board/chairman could have easily said no, that's the whole point of a board and chairman. We see it happen with Leeds and Risdale, he was quite happy to let O'Leary spend hundreds of millions gambling on champions league football but it failed. Luckily for him most of the blame was on O'Leary for his dodgy signings and not the one who was paying the likes of Seth Johnson 40k a week

For me football sometimes is a simple game that is made complex by tactics. England have been poor since 99 onwards. They have never had a plan B and never been full of cofidence. The pressure from the media is a joke, it's as if they always want England to fail. They rubbed their hands when Koeman fucked us up for USA 94 qualifying, they were quick to get Glenn Hoddle the sack for non-footballing reasons, quite happy to take the piss out of Sven and Capello too. They need someone to get the players heads up, playing like they would in training in full flow, and someone to take the pressure off from the media. Harry is that man for the timebeing.

England just needs a new generation to come through. Apart from Hart, Rooney and Wilshere I haven't been that impressed with what's come through for quite a few years
Insightful answer. I do rate Harry to a certain point. I think he's way overhyped, but I've got to give him credit for what he does. I like the way he's got Spurs playing (it reminds me of Mourinho's Chelsea, just we were a lot better :P) and you can't fault how far he's brought you in terms of league status. Breaking up the Sky 4 cartel without an astonishing investment is no small feat. I know I miss the days of "3 point lane".

So who do you, or the majority of the Spurs population think will succeed him provided he does go to handle England? Who do you want and who are you afraid might end up coming? (Mourinho is probably the most wanted but the chances of that are pretty low, so the realistic candidates for now and I'll publicly eat my words and donate money to a Spurs site if that ends up happening.)

I don't miss them days much of getting beat by Chelsea. I remember sitting at the lane watching the sixth go in, wonder lob from Flo. I had a feeling then it would take another ten years to beat you!

Me personally would want Hiddink or Klinsmann. Hiddink just always amazes me with what he does. Klinsmann knows that Spurs want attacking football and knows the club well.

A lot of Spurs fans are liking Rodgers at the moment, but I think they're daft. For me it's all flavour of the month stuff. Last season they were wanking how good Owen Coyle was.

Levy has to play this one very well, he royally messed up with Ramos and set us back a few years. He could do the same again<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 am --<br /><br />
r.soleofsalford said:
Crouchinho said:
Castiel said:
How do you guys feel about this whole situation? I'd be worried, considering Redknapp's history with jumping ship. But are you confident or do you expect somebody else to come in?

what about the 2ND coming tom zidane cleverly

lol @ zidane cleverly.

I didn't think he was all that at Wigan really. The Charity Shield he impressed me but not enough to wank over him like the Sky commentators did, and still are

glen quagmire said:
I know i am going against the grain here but......the more and more i saw of him during this trial stuff, the more i warmed to him. No wum, piss take or anything. I actually am beginning to like him.

He's a character, football in this country is becoming way too sterile, he's entertaining, i'll give him that.
He reminds me so much of Floyd Mayweather Sr. He is a character you couldn't make up.

The cookie monster said:
1 trophy & left every club in turmoil he has left..

Good old arry.

One Trophy and left the club bankrupt, great record to show for 30 years in management that. I'm also sick of hearing ''What he's done at Spurs,'' well, what exactly has he done at Spurs? As yet the sum total of fuck all. They are not doing badly at the moment, true but unless he wins them a cup of some sorts, or the PL this season, he is still going to be an average manager at a half decent club.
This wankfest over candle face appears to be driven by virtually everyone in the media, Spuds seem to be their darlings for some reason; well let's see what happens to England with 'Arry at the 'elm, I predict he will be one of the worst England managers, and that includes Taylor and Mclaren.
You heard it here first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.