Harry Kane or Wilfried Bony

burnley blue mcfc said:
Kane had a good game today fair play to him, but Hes nowhere near bony's level , I get the home grown bit and I no he's only young but he's a million miles away frm the level of striker we shud be aiming for,bony would be a better buy
Kane is litterally dragging spurs through games almost on his own. His all round play and awareness is far better than bony's.

I still don't think either player suits us or we should go for either player.

Thanks fellow blues for discussing this issue, however to refer back to my OP does anyone know: how much money can we legitimately spend in this January window without falling foul of the oppressive FFP rules?

Further to this, I'm surprised we have not had top quality lawyers dealing with this by now - I still don't understand how clubs like City and PSG with wealthy backers are penalised, while clubs with massive debts e.g. MUFC are 'immune'...

Neither player would suit us very well, kane perhaps would fit in a little better but he's not at the level we require and i doubt he ever will be. He's in a phenomenal run of form right now but it's been done many times over,he'll be a decent striker but will never be worth the money it would take to sign him (spurs would demand bale money) and Spurs will never sell him this season anyway. Bony is a very good striker, a better goal scorer than kane for sure but also quite limited overall. Plus he'll be missing for a month anyway and he doesn't fit into our team. He lives off of good service from wide positions, we don't do that anywhere near enough. And for the money he'd go for in January we could spend it better abroad.

Chelsea are gonna sign Kane just like they did Ba and Sallah. they sign anyone who has a decent game against them.

ditto everything you've just said ninjamonkey, we need a striker NOW and bony's away for at least a month, kane, fabulous against the rent boys and in previous games but needs longer to prove himself

Lord BLue said:
zbone said:
Chelsea are gonna sign Kane just like they did Ba and Sallah. they sign anyone who has a decent game against them.
just like they did with sweep

They signed SWP for the sole purpose of stopping Arsenal from buying him. The way Chelsea operate as a club is pretty fucking shady.

Kane needs more time playing for an inconsistent team like Spuds, if he constantly shines for them then he will the potential to be a top player at a top club.

One for the future.

Bony. naturally knows where the goal is like Sergio, but a big man too and strong. Might keep Yaya sweet too. But £30m asking price .... dunno.

David Villa on a 3 month loan might be a good idea whilst we wait on Sergio and Dzeko to come back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.