Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not go into the season with 3 centre backs. Walker was a disaster at centre back for England, dinho put in a shift but it became obvious he wasn’t a centre back even from the few games he played there and having a 35 year old midfielder at centre back should never happen unless we had an extreme injury list and Garcia is very raw. what happens if he’s thrown in the deep end, has a nightmare and needs pulling out but we can’t because we have nobody else?

Liverpool have 4 recognised centre backs, spurs have 4/5, Chelsea the same, United have a team full of shit ones. then looking abroad Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, juve, PSG etc all have at least 4 I can’t think of a single team that has just 3 and especially not a team that will be playing around 60 games a season.

There’s probably about 150 appearances including subs available at centre back during the season, all being even, (I know it won’t be) that’s around 35 apps each with 4 options, with 3, it’s suddenly 50 each, that’s a massive ask and highly unlikely which then means 20-30 games at centre back between walker Fernandinho and Garcia. Not going to happen.

We will not go into the season with 3 centre backs. Walker was a disaster at centre back for England, dinho put in a shift but it became obvious he wasn’t a centre back even from the few games he played there and having a 35 year old midfielder at centre back should never happen unless we had an extreme injury list and Garcia is very raw. what happens if he’s thrown in the deep end, has a nightmare and needs pulling out but we can’t because we have nobody else?

Liverpool have 4 recognised centre backs, spurs have 4/5, Chelsea the same, United have a team full of shit ones. then looking abroad Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, juve, PSG etc all have at least 4 I can’t think of a single team that has just 3 and especially not a team that will be playing around 60 games a season.

There’s probably about 150 appearances including subs available at centre back during the season, all being even, (I know it won’t be) that’s around 35 apps each with 4 options, with 3, it’s suddenly 50 each, that’s a massive ask and highly unlikely which then means 20-30 games at centre back between walker Fernandinho and Garcia. Not going to happen.

We all know we need another CB, but that doesn't mean it has to be Maguire. It's not even like this is just a cheap alternative to our main target. We're talking a world record fee for a defender for bloody slab head.

I’m not blown away by the signing but I think him and Laporte together will be as good a partnership as anywhere around... I know he’ll be a top defender, but for the kind of sums being mentioned I would expect a leader - I just hope he doesn’t land into the squad and feel in awe, but instead owns his price tag, takes Peps learning on board, and starts to organise the team from the back.

If he does that then he’ll be worth every penny.

I’m not blown away by the signing but I think him and Laporte together will be as good a partnership as anywhere around... I know he’ll be a top defender, but for the kind of sums being mentioned I would expect a leader - I just hope he doesn’t land into the squad and feel in awe, but instead owns his price tag, takes Peps learning on board, and starts to organise the team from the back.

If he does that then he’ll be worth every penny.
The thought of him next to the rolls royce that is eric is a very unfunny joke,john and eric together yes,nico with either yes but harry with any of then,no just no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.