Has it been a good/poor season?

I said at the beginning of the season we were not ready to lose vinny,the new young ones are not ready to take over and be as strong as the class of 2012 on ,we are not ready to lose Sergio by a mile,dave is easier as we have Bernie and phil,not ready to lose dinho the machine and warrior,i think tougher times are ahead
I agree and it's worrying. I feel like we'll be relying on Sergio right up to when his legs have gone and he's no longer able to deliver the goods. He's our only natural goal scorer and he's not getting any younger.

I’m just glad this season is finally over for obvious reasons, looking forward to the next two years with pep.he loves us mancs

I said at the beginning of the season we were not ready to lose vinny,the new young ones are not ready to take over and be as strong as the class of 2012 on ,we are not ready to lose Sergio by a mile,dave is easier as we have Bernie and phil,not ready to lose dinho the machine and warrior,i think tougher times are ahead
We made mistakes in not getting successors in place before the players time was up, especially in the case of Vinny and Fernandinho.

We must make sure we don't make that error with Kun coming to his final season with us, his long term successor has to be brought in this summer and introduced gradually.

Jesus is not the long term answer.

We made mistakes in not getting successors in place before the players time was up, especially in the case of Vinny and Fernandinho.

We must make sure we don't make that error with Kun coming to his final season with us, his long term successor has to be brought in this summer and introduced gradually.

Jesus is not the long term answer.

I think we struggle in this regard because we do incredibly well at holding on to our best players. This is fantastic for us but what inevitably happens is that big-name players at other clubs don't necessarily want to come and play 2nd fiddle to a City legend. Look at Jesus, he was a kid who was happy to come to City and learn from Sergio but would say Harry Kane have wanted to come and sit on the bench when he was already ripping it up in the Prem?

We fans don't ever want to see our best players leave but I think we do have a tendency to hang on to them maybe that one season too long and this potentially impacts our future planning? I think we were guilty of this with Yaya and Silva. We may have been guilty of it with Vinny, had he not taken the decision out of our hands. I fear we will be guilty of it with Sergio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.