Has Mark Hughes surprised you?

LCBblue said:
I think we still need time to gel, the defence still looks shaky at times.

I feared we'd loose to Blackburnley on the first day, they sirrised me then.

The beginning of the end of "Typical City" that one was. I was absolutely convinced we'd lose and the media would jump all over us. I was kaking it all day.

I have to admit he was one of the Utd players I hated the most but he's won me over.

Signings have been spot on (mostly) but it's his general day-to-day demeanour that has impressed me. He has a steel about him and a no-nonsense attitude which we have been crying out for in a manager for a very long time and he seems to be able to get the best out of players.

Here's to the future under MH.

I think his true test his yet to come. When he has everyone fit - who to pick against each team. Not just how to pick a winning team, but also how to manage the characters that are left out. There have been a few things said on here (in training reports from NMT i think) that the current fit squad members left out are fully behind the starting XI etc...really great to hear. But if/when everyone's fit, Hughes' job will be very difficuly to maintain that attitude.

Full marks to date for MH...with money, top players and a squad of world-class players (who all know it) the pressure will only increase...and "balance" will be everything. It could all be ours if he gets it right.

The team has so far exceeded my expectations. I never thought we were going to be 4th in October with a home game in hand. Still too early to get over-excited, if we're in this position by the end of the Christmas period, I may start to actually believe we can finish in the top 4.

As for Hughes, when he came I thought he was a very good upcoming manager. Some of the vitriol he recieved on here last season, was just completely over the top. I know 10th isnt great, but to lay the blame all at his feet, and not take into account there were other factors involved, is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.