Has Martin Tyler Got This City Stat Wrong?

LongsightM13 said:
Was Wanchope game you're talking about the 4-2, second game of the season after we got leathered at Leeds on the opening day?
I vaguely he might have had one of the goals taken off him afterwards, given as an own goal or to another player.

It was Charlton who beat us on the opening day. 4-0 it was shown on a big screen at Maine Rd.

LongsightM13 said:
Was Wanchope game you're talking about the 4-2, second game of the season after we got leathered at Leeds on the opening day?
I vaguely he might have had one of the goals taken off him afterwards, given as an own goal or to another player.

You're getting mixed up with Anelka against Everton not long after the Leeds beating in the last season at Maine Rd. One of Anelka's goals was taken off him by the Dubious Goals Panel.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Hat-Tricks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_ ... ricks.html</a>

Not a bad website even if it is from a Spurs fan

Swordfish7 said:
LongsightM13 said:

It was Charlton who beat us on the opening day. 4-0 it was shown on a big screen at Maine Rd.

I remember that - and by half time the big screen had been switched over to show the western on BBC2!!

not really - but I wish they had done!

On another note, we're the only premier league team to have lead by 5 goals at half time in premier league history.

Jackson-ctid said:
On another note, we're the only premier league team to have lead by 5 goals at half time in premier league history.

Is that just for away games though? Either way, that's why I was desperate for Chelsea not to get a fifth in the first half against Bolton on Sunday!

Man United 28 Andrei Kanchelskis 10 November, 1994 Man City

Fuck off one of them was an own goal, by that reckoning then King Colin should have also had an hat trick many years ago but it was deflected in and taken off him... why the fuck do they allow deflected shots that weren`t even on target to count for the scum yet take them away from our players,
yes i know it was before premier league btw (Bells goals)

didn't the chop only get 2 against sunderland ? thought alf inge haaland got the other 2

He didn't join us till the last third of the second Premier League season, so yes you're wrong.
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I might well be wrong ;-) but I thought Rosler had one the first year of the Prem League at home to Sheff Wed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.