Has standard of football dropped?

Standard of football where? How? Why? WTF? Maybe add a few lines why you think that before making a topic like this...

oooooooooooooooooooooooh check you out!

Ooh.jpg

AIQ88 said:
Standard of football where? How? Why? WTF? Maybe add a few lines why you think that before making a topic like this...

I'd say that the standard of european football has definetely dropped ..... sides like AC Milan and Juventus are pale shadows of the great sides that they once were ........

but in this country Chelsea and United are still winning the vast majority of their games , Arsenal have improved on last season .... and City , Villa and Spurs are all argueably in the best shape they've been for some time ...... Liverpool have slipped from last seasons form , but they have been 'indifferent' for a few seasons now ..... but on the whole i'd say the Premiership isn't really much weaker , if any!

The opposite is true in the premiership. As the money has increased aside from the yo-yo teams like wolves, wba one out of the promoted 3 usually holds out for a few seasons. The premiership has better depth than before, hence the bin dippers against wigan at the stadium of echo's.

put it this way, i think the premiership is at its weakest stage in years and i also think united are at there weakest point yet they are top of the league and thrashing ac milan in the cl. liverpool battered real last season aswell so overall yes i think the standard of football has certainly slipped.

If one of us, Villa or Spurs get 4th place I think the whole dynamic of the prem will change and we will see more teams in the top tier going for it rather than just laying down and accepting that they won't make it into Europe the following season because that has been reserved for the Sky four...

The standard of world football has most definately dropped. 10 years ago we had players like Ronaldo, Batistuta, Henry scoring for fun, what do we have now...Rooney, Drogba, Villa. Rooney would not have been considered as a top 10 striker in the world 10 years ago, and now he's getting wanked off senseless. Zidane, Figo, Nedved, Nesta, Thuram, Maldini; football just cannot boast these kind of names anymore and it's sad to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.