Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

dave_blue12

For some time it has been obvious to me that the BBC is following the wishes of the establishment (Tory Govt). I would assume they have been threatened but there have also been some appointments that perpetuate this.
If possible I would like to avoid Brexit in this thread.

Here are a couple of examples that have come to my attention today.

These were the pages covering the Party Manifesto's pre-General Election
DkMbxQJXsAABI5Z.jpg:large

and something more up to date

I'm sure others can find many more examples

Last edited:
They were a Labour tool when they were last in power. They just have an inherent bias to the establishment/current government in my opinion.

Most of the comedians and other personalities that touch on political issues are definitely more left leaning but that's probably more to do with the type of people that are comedians than a specific and intentional editorial position being adopted by the corporation as a whole.

No it’s still left of centre.

They were a Labour tool when they were last in power. They just have an inherent bias to the establishment/current government in my opinion.

Most of the comedians and other personalities that touch on political issues are definitely more left leaning but that's probably more to do with the type of people that are comedians than a specific and intentional editorial position being adopted by the corporation as a whole.

Okay so where is the evidence.

I'll dredge up some more to support my proposition later on, probably on Question Time and Andrew Neil.

Here is a little something on Andrew Neil. To those who say but it's the Guardian, who else is going to highlight these issues ? I also feel sure that Mr. Neil would not hesitate in consulting his lawyers if he felt that he was being defamed.

'Neil himself would be the most intimidating and effective rightwing polemicist in Britain if he was freed from the BBC. But the fact that somebody as stridently leftwing as he is rightwing would never be appointed to such a position is indicative of how our media operate.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/11/bbc-andrew-neil-media-politics

For some time it has been obvious to me that the BBC is following the wishes of the establishment (Tory Govt). I would assume they have been threatened but there have also been some appointments that perpetuate this.
If possible I would like to avoid Brexit in this thread.

Here are a couple of examples that have come to my attention today.

These were the pages covering the Party Manifesto's pre-General Election
DkMbxQJXsAABI5Z.jpg:large

and something more up to date

I'm sure others can find many more examples

The usual suspects will say no.
Laura Kessenburg and Nick Robinson definitely are.
Im yet to see the BBC mock a picture of another party leader to make them look more like a communist.
If you want left you go for evolve like you already know, The Canary or more mainstream Guardian.
If you want right, Guido, most of the other media, and the governments pr machine, the beeb.

The one thing the BBC cannot do is offer opinion on say foreign issues by saying for example why we shouldn't be dealing with X country or whatever. The BBC is not there to inflict moralised opinion posed as a news report on the public.

There are also human beings in the BBC.... These will have opinion and they are perfectly entitled to have one but when this happens they often bring people in from both sides of a view.

I think people shout at the BBC because they want the BBC to rperesent their view but the fact is it has a job to represent neither.

Ask any leave voter and they will tell you the BBC is full of lefties and as per this thread there are some who think it is a tory mouthpiece..... That suggests they are doing a fairly good job.

People on the right think it's bias to the left, people on the left think it's bias to the right. It's just a matter of perspective. That being said, they do seem to be out to get Corbyn, but then again so are half the Labour party so it's unclear that's a right wing thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.