Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

I realise that everything is so polarised now that people have to take sides, regardless of what happens. I don’t believe anyone thought that was genuinely good though.
It told me the BBC is a bloated, money-wasting organisation that needs to trim the number it employs and focus a lot more on football than paying so called pundits to chat bollocks to excess. I could live without Lineker and co quite easily thank you.

Reading this thread it's sad that Britain has become such a divided nation. Brexit, Royalty (Harry Meghan Camilla Andy), BBC, immigration (illegal and legal) and now Gary Lineker.

Cheer up, the EU, Royal family, immigration and government interference in the bbc have been divisive issues for 40 years!

Someone posted a clip from Yes Minister earlier about the government leaning on the director of the bbc that could have been written today, and it included jokes about the EU being the enemy.

If they genuinely think that’s better than fair enough that’s their opinion

I’d be amazed if it aired more than a few weeks if that’s the format going forward though

MOTD is a dieing format. People who want to watch a 90 min programme late on a Saturday night with many other entertainment options is getting smaller and smaller each season, especially when they actual thing you are there to watch has already been online for the previous 5 hours.

The YouTube highlights especially for the big teams can get half a million views before the MOTD intro has started.

The “format” of commentary and pundits is just one of familiarity. We don’t need commentators when we’re in the ground nor do we need pundits stating the obvious of what we have just seen with our own eyes.

The EU, Royal family, immigration and government interference in the bbc have been divisive issues for 40 years!

Someone posted a clip from Yes Minister that could have been written about this today, and it included jokes about the EU being the enemy.

Yup. The only thing that changes is when they become hotter topics, with most of them it tends to happen whenever domestic policies turn to shit…

The main problem was it was too short and showed so little football. The main benefit was it was like the annoying git at the game who constantly has to tell you what is happening, as if you're incapable of making your own mind up, has given up his season ticket.
If they made it into a 45 or 60 minute show with proper, in depth highlights and interviews after the game it would be fantastic.

You could just enjoy the football without all the fake laughter and inane analysis.

Can’t say I missed the commentary either.

Shane they didn't expand the highlights to fill the time available.
Other than that it was wonderful!
There are a few tweaks needed, such as a summary of the league table and a brief intro to each game. But I didn't miss the punditry at all. Lack of commentary would take some getting used to, but I tend not to pay attention to them during highlights anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.