Has this been explained? (RE: McDonald)

Citytillidie69 said:
Ar'nt the Norwegian Immigration laws a lot more relaxed than ours.... something like you only have live there for 12 months or 2 years or something and you can become a citizen. I thought is was a common shortcut used by a lot of clubs.

What i'm strugging with is that both the UK & Italy are in the EC, yet he can get a work permit in Italy but not England ????? and renew it to move to Inter ??????

Most countries don't place any work permit restrictions on professional footballers as it doesn't make any sense to do so. They make a lot of money, pay a lot of tax and aren't likely to be on the dole any time soon.

The work permit rules in England are something that are overseen by the FA and has nothing at all to do with EC membership. So basically Mariga doesn't need a work permit to play in Italy so there is no issue with Inter signing him, although in Siera A there is a limit of 1 non-EU signing from outside of Italy per transfer window or something like that

Have just seen this on bbc transfer rumors:

Arsenal are set to beat Tottenham in the race to sign centre-half Stefan Savic from BSK Borca after the 19-year-old Serb completed a 10-day trial with the club

How the fuck can Arsenal get a work permit for him???

Firstly he doesn't play for Serbia he plays for Montenegro who are only ranked 72 in the world and this is their highest ever position so their average for over the past two years would be far lower.

Secondly, he only has 5 under-21 caps to his name and no senior caps.

When we tried to sign the Serb Danijel Aleksic during the summer he couldn't get a work permit despite Serbia NEVER having been outside the top 50 of the FIFA rankings. He had also played 8 times for the under 21s, started continuously for the lower age groups over the last few years AND had a FULL SENIOR CAP at the age of 18??

Either this whole work permit system is incredibly corrupt or we don't have a fucking clue what we are doing with these appeals. Either way the club needs to do something about it.

I don't know if things are still the same but it was fairly typical to be denied a work permit on first application, only on appeal could they consider things like exceptional talent and the like.

Bit of confusion over what we actually did, if it is as I think it is we went through the initial application but didn't leave ourselves enough time to appeal. If we did there would have been a very good chance the appeal would have been successful (particularly in light of what the Kenyan PM has said).

moomba said:
I don't know if things are still the same but it was fairly typical to be denied a work permit on first application, only on appeal could they consider things like exceptional talent and the like.

Bit of confusion over what we actually did, if it is as I think it is we went through the initial application but didn't leave ourselves enough time to appeal. If we did there would have been a very good chance the appeal would have been successful (particularly in light of what the Kenyan PM has said).

Wasn't the appeal what happened on Monday?? You only have an appeal if the player doesn't meet the criteria,which we knew Maringa wouldn't?

Also what about Arsenal being able to get a work permit for this Montenegrin kid, when we couldn't get one for the Serbian kid who looks a much better prospect last summer?

Something seriously stinks here

Many players are given a work permit after initially being denied. One example of this is Middlesbrough's Ayegbeni Yakubu. His application, following a transfer from Portsmouth, was initially turned down as he had failed to play the required 75% of games for Nigeria. But the decision was overturned after it was argued that but for a personal disagreement with the national team coach he would have played enough games.

Yakubu's case is of special interest to Dundee United. They had a work permit renewal for Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason Scotland turned down because, like Yakubu, his rocky relationship with his international coach had resulted in him being overlooked for certain games.

The appeal board refused to reverse this decision as it decided that Scotland had not made enough of an impact of Scottish football. United were further frustrated with the news that having given up on signing the player, he was granted a work permit for First Division side St Johnstone.

The Tangerines asked how St Johnstone's case differed from theirs and questioned the integrity of the Home Office's system.

Can I stoke the fire please?

Kenya is a Commonwealth country - Senegal isn't

Shouldn't it be easier for Commonwealth citizens to get a permit to work in the UK than a NON Commonwealth

Lest I forget that a certain David G is on the FA board

On a different note - would his song have been 'McDonald McDonald blah blah Mariga' to the tune of 'McDonalds McDonalds Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza'

I wish I hadn't read this thread now. I am feeling very pissed off about all this. The football powers that be are wankers and so are the tossers in the Home Office.

BurnCK said:
FA Criteria states :

The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the 2 years preceding the date of the application

Sengal were ranked 40th at the start of 2008 and 50th at the start of 2009. Which gives them an average ranking within the top 70 over 2 years.
Well done that man, for appearing to talk sense.

City Mike said:
BurnCK said:
FA Criteria states :

The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the 2 years preceding the date of the application

Sengal were ranked 40th at the start of 2008 and 50th at the start of 2009. Which gives them an average ranking within the top 70 over 2 years.
Well done that man, for appearing to talk sense.

The lad is right, it does need to be an average of over two years.

The rules being:

* Players must have appeared in 75% of their country's competitive international 'A' team fixtures in the previous two years;
* Permits will be valid for the length of a player's contract with the club;
* The FIFA ranking of the player's national side aggregated over 2 years (at or above 70th place) is a basic criterion.

Could he explain then, given that the the FA's criteria states "Players must have appeared in 75% of their country's competitive international 'A' team fixtures in the previous two years", how the fuck the transvestite twins at The Swamp have work permits???

KenTheLandlord said:
Could he explain then, given that the the FA's criteria states "Players must have appeared in 75% of their country's competitive international 'A' team fixtures in the previous two years", how the fuck the transvestite twins at The Swamp have work permits???

I believe they may have Portuguese passports or something like that.

Why couldn't City have completed the Mariga deal and then send him on loan to Switzerland or Portugal (assuming the Sporting Lisbon link-up story wasn't bollocks) for 6 months before re-applying for a WP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.