Hats off to the Norwich fans

dawlish dave said:
after the goals take a look at the crowd shots and notice a lack of hate filled cunts giving the finger and sceaming abuse,tell me if you were at the game what was the responce in and outside of the ground from Norwich fans.

Wasnt at Carrow Rd, but when we played them at our place i ended up with tickets amongst their 'Ultras'. A great crowd, good sense of humour like us and i think were one of the first set of fans to do the poznan at us when they scored their only goal.

When I attended matches home and away, I never left the game early. It just wouldn't have seemed right to do so. So what if it takes 15 minutes longer to get home. Big deal. Of course, I don't get to games nowadays as I live in the U.S. of A. I'd love to be able to see a game live but I'm lucky in that practically all the games are televised live.

Kippaxgirl said:
When I attended matches home and away, I never left the game early. It just wouldn't have seemed right to do so. So what if it takes 15 minutes longer to get home. Big deal. Of course, I don't get to games nowadays as I live in the U.S. of A. I'd love to be able to see a game live but I'm lucky in that practically all the games are televised live.

Stunning place you now live in 'kippaxgirl'!

2iiy6o8.jpg

Bit late I know but they've only just got me registered.....

Despite the result quite enjoyed the game. Some of your football was brilliant and I doubt many teams would have come away with anything from that game. Remember thinking the same when Thierry Henry & Co turned us over 4-1 at our place last time we were in the Prem. We've certainly improved this time round. Bit surprised that Tevez wasn't shown the door earlier this season but that's football. Displays like Saturday's should help you find a buyer pretty quickly though.

Sounds like most of you enjoyed your day ( apart from the result !! ). Norwich has always been a pretty friendly place for away fans and most pubs welcome away supporters. There's plenty of good pubs to choose from nearby if it gets a bit crammed in the ' official ' one opposite the station.

Hope you manage to overhaul that other lot but go a bit easier on us next time.

11-2 aggregate defeats don't look too good in the record books.

canaryboy said:

Despite the result quite enjoyed the game. Some of your football was brilliant and I doubt many teams would have come away with anything from that game. Remember thinking the same when Thierry Henry & Co turned us over 4-1 at our place last time we were in the Prem. We've certainly improved this time round. Bit surprised that Tevez wasn't shown the door earlier this season but that's football. Displays like Saturday's should help you find a buyer pretty quickly though.

Sounds like most of you enjoyed your day ( apart from the result !! ). Norwich has always been a pretty friendly place for away fans and most pubs welcome away supporters. There's plenty of good pubs to choose from nearby if it gets a bit crammed in the ' official ' one opposite the station.

bottom-line was we he was badly advised and held out for a bid the club wouldn't accept(a loan deal until the summer with the option to buy). If we could have sold him we would have, but thats history now.

Chillidog77 said:
Stayed in Norwich Fri to Sun. Norwich fans were brilliant towards us, had a good drink with a few afterwards. Had Lunch at Delia`s Restaurant- everyone really friendly. Fri & Sat night out - everyone really friendly. Roll on next season`s visit.

Echo that everybody double friendly and very geniuine. We stopped Sat night, had a top night the locals were all good. Did the 'The Bridge' the 'Lloyds' gaff and off to Chicago for the dancefloor, before the 'early kick, then out on the lash' finally caught up. Will be staying again.

I was at that game I have never before or since seen the City fans give a standing ovation to the away team at half time they were fantastic that day,Just like we have been at times this year. They did not do it for us at the swamp.
spidermanc said:
BTH said:
I'm sure I'll be corrected by someone who went to Carrow Road if I'm wrong, but from what I could see on the box, the home fans stayed until the end despite seeing their team pummelled. Sadly, this wouldn't have happened at out place if we'd won 6-1, never mind lost! Chapeau!

Fair point although I do have to say the match reminded me of City V Arsenal at Maine Rd 2003 where we lost the game 1-5. Nobody left that game early. I think that City fans left believing we had seen a world class display from Henry and co and we simply couldn't compete but even at 5-1 down we never threw the towel in. I think Norwich fans were the same. The players did them proud, their heads didn't drop and I think their fans appreciated the football played in front of them by both sides.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
canaryboy said:

bottom-line was we he was badly advised and held out for a bid the club wouldn't accept(a loan deal until the summer with the option to buy). If we could have sold him we would have, but thats history now.

Yup. We weren't gonna take a pisstake price for him so the club stuck to their guns. 1-0 City

BTH said:
I'm sure I'll be corrected by someone who went to Carrow Road if I'm wrong, but from what I could see on the box, the home fans stayed until the end despite seeing their team pummelled. Sadly, this wouldn't have happened at out place if we'd won 6-1, never mind lost! Chapeau!
Our ground was nearly empty at final whistle when we beat them 5-1

BoyBlue_1985 said:
robsta said:
To be fair the Norwich fans were great, (1) for staying in the ground and applauding their team off & (2) we were drinking with them in the Nelson (part of the Prem Inn) well in to Sat evening and they were all sound. Well apart from one who said he'd rather the rags won the league than a team who has 'bought the league' !!! He soon got bored with me quoting rag transfer fees at him.
Bollocks its not worth being banned

Uh ? What did I say ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.