Have we become a bit paranoid and humourless?

pardoe

Is this sort of stuff just par for the course when you become successful?

The media will hammer us now and again, just like they hammer Chelsea, for instance. It's the manager and players duty to give them as little ammo as possible, and our job as supporters to give them short shrift.

Sure. defeats hurt, there's a lot at stake, but we need to take the lows with the highs. I'm not going to wheel out the "look where we were <x> years ago" stuff, but we need to keep everything in perspective, both in respect to the past, and the grand scheme of things.

Ignore the media if you think they all hate us. Let's not row amongst ourselves because we have different opinions about things. Retain your sense of homour and remember that, despite the money, effort and time we all put into it, it's a game at the end of the day.

CTID.

football is not just a matter of life and death.....it's much more important than that.....

Well reasoned post pardoe.

It seems "some fans" need to learn quickly how to deal with success . Its almost like bandwagon culture has set in after a poor performance / result in Amsterdam. City are box office and we are there to be shot at , thats where we are right now. Another top club will have a bad result sooner or later and all the media attention will focus on them ....... United getting hammered at the bridge hopefully lol

We should be able to mention it when the media treats us unfairly. It doesn't mean we've lost our sense of humour or anything.

But I think the media should treat all clubs equally, and when they don't we should highlight it.

moomba said:
We should be able to mention it when the media treats us unfairly. It doesn't mean we've lost our sense of humour or anything.

But I think the media should treat all clubs equally, and when they don't we should highlight it.

I agree with that, and as it happens i do think the media are a bit harsh on us (but only a bit, there's no conspiracy or they're not all out to get us), but given we've become successful quickly, and bearing in mind how we did it, i think we have to expect that sort of thing and have thicker skins.

I view the sports press in this country as trolls, almost to a man. It's unfortunate that's the case, but almost the entire tabloid press, radio media and the loudest voices on television are no better than your average TalkSport journalist; their aim is the same, to ween stories out of whatever they can and wind people up. Don't let them.

Humourless? Go down to the Cellar. We have some comedy genius's residing there. Seriously, the missing woman/ watching the game in Turkey/ Rascals verdict threads alone made my day yesterday. The only downer was when the battery gave up in my phone and I had to speak to real people.

The cellar is funnier than being in a pub with Scum going on about City being shit and armchair blues telling you you've wasted your money to going to Amsterdam. I may start having one night out a week in the Cellar.

Walkbustaxi said:
Humourless? Go down to the Cellar. We have some comedy genius's residing there. Seriously, the missing woman/ watching the game in Turkey/ Rascals verdict threads alone made my day yesterday. The only downer was when the battery gave up in my phone and I had to speak to real people.

The cellar is funnier than being in a pub with Scum going on about City being shit and armchair blues telling you you've wasted your money to going to Amsterdam. I may start having one night out a week in the Cellar.

Shush :)

The main forum has become humourless, especially after a defeat. The last couple of days have been worse than what it was like under Pearce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.