Have we become a bit paranoid and humourless?

pardoe said:
moomba said:
We should be able to mention it when the media treats us unfairly. It doesn't mean we've lost our sense of humour or anything.

But I think the media should treat all clubs equally, and when they don't we should highlight it.

I agree with that, and as it happens i do think the media are a bit harsh on us (but only a bit, there's no conspiracy or they're not all out to get us), but given we've become successful quickly, and bearing in mind how we did it, i think we have to expect that sort of thing and have thicker skins.

I view the sports press in this country as trolls, almost to a man. It's unfortunate that's the case, but almost the entire tabloid press, radio media and the loudest voices on television are no better than your average TalkSport journalist; their aim is the same, to ween stories out of whatever they can and wind people up. Don't let them.
If you believe that they are just trolls then take a look at JC's Sunday Supplement clips. Precisely, take a look at the one where they are foaming at the mouth stating that we are morally bankrupt etc. These are the very same people who write the shit about us. They are not trolls, they just f*cking hate us.

The Future's Blue said:
pardoe said:
moomba said:
We should be able to mention it when the media treats us unfairly. It doesn't mean we've lost our sense of humour or anything.

But I think the media should treat all clubs equally, and when they don't we should highlight it.

I agree with that, and as it happens i do think the media are a bit harsh on us (but only a bit, there's no conspiracy or they're not all out to get us), but given we've become successful quickly, and bearing in mind how we did it, i think we have to expect that sort of thing and have thicker skins.

I view the sports press in this country as trolls, almost to a man. It's unfortunate that's the case, but almost the entire tabloid press, radio media and the loudest voices on television are no better than your average TalkSport journalist; their aim is the same, to ween stories out of whatever they can and wind people up. Don't let them.
If you believe that they are just trolls then take a look at JC's Sunday Supplement clips. Precisely, take a look at the one where they are foaming at the mouth stating that we are morally bankrupt etc. These are the very same people who write the shit about us. They are not trolls, they just f*cking hate us.

I don't understand why people watch/listen to this shit. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Then you won't get pissed off with it. There's a whole world out there. Don't waste your time. You'll be dead one day. I'll listen to talksport when I'm dead.

pardoe said:
Let's not row amongst ourselves because we have different opinions about things. CTID.

Sorry, mate, but that is exactly what this board is about. Fighting amongst ourselves and ignoring any and all possibilities of intelligent and emotionally-measured discussion.

I'm thinking of defecting to Aston Villa, where they keep everything real and I can perfect my old "woe is us" drama-queen routine, and hissy fit my way around the internet whenever my new team plays shit, which will be every week. Give me a team that bounces between the divisions for years on end and loses league games against Macclesfield and Stockport fucking County and thinks Terry Cooke and Trevor Sinclair are marquee signings and sacks it's managers every other Thursday. Its shit all this champions of England lark.

Walkbustaxi said:
Humourless? Go down to the Cellar. We have some comedy genius's residing there. Seriously, the missing woman/ watching the game in Turkey/ Rascals verdict threads alone made my day yesterday. The only downer was when the battery gave up in my phone and I had to speak to real people.

The cellar is funnier than being in a pub with Scum going on about City being shit and armchair blues telling you you've wasted your money to going to Amsterdam. I may start having one night out a week in the Cellar.

Aye! Don't direct the mentals downstairs to us.

No we shouldn't have. It was a laugh in the 80's with Imrea Banana, Trevor Morley and Grimly Fiendish in blue and I enjoy itthe same now its Yaya, Aguerro and Dzeko - lighten up and remember nobody dies on the field of play and the paranoia abates and the humour sticks with you

Ovo said:
Walkbustaxi said:
Humourless? Go down to the Cellar. We have some comedy genius's residing there. Seriously, the missing woman/ watching the game in Turkey/ Rascals verdict threads alone made my day yesterday. The only downer was when the battery gave up in my phone and I had to speak to real people.

The cellar is funnier than being in a pub with Scum going on about City being shit and armchair blues telling you you've wasted your money to going to Amsterdam. I may start having one night out a week in the Cellar.

Aye! Don't direct the mentals downstairs to us.

The Cellar isn't all it's cracked up to be. Everybody is much better off upstairs where folk are sensible and measured in their opinions.

The OP should also have added "and masochistic" to the thread title since so many Bluemooners (myself included at times) seem to take great pleasure in tuning in to television programmes, or reading the press reports, knowing full well that they are likely to criticise City.

Cheerio while switch on Sunday Supplement.

Have we become a bit paranoid and humourless?
Yes we're heading that way.

What ever happened to this chant?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746lOmgpw74[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xguxP2NiSc[/youtube]

You can bet your bottom dollar that if that was a Liverpool or United chant, that would be a regularly sung song. Why do we fail to get these sort of things learnt and sung?

The media bias is not new .We have been calling the MEN the MUEN, the mirror a red rag , being last on MoTD ,SSN not giving us fair hearing long before our Wonderful new owners arrived .
My other half says why watch/read it if its winds you up.I tell her to get back in the kitchen & make me some comfort food ,
Its all part of game. I secretly enjoy it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.