Have we missed Gary Cook ?

To clarify this, I don't 'hate' Garry Cook.

I don't know the bloke, for a start.

However, occasionally I exaggerate a bit when it comes to him to counteract the cult of personality "top bloke" crap that surrounded/surrounds him (which that post was indicative of). Much of which he encouraged.

I find it distasteful and absolutely ridiculous and I am certain that the vast, vast majority of the praise he receives from City fans is due to a concerted effort on his part to smarm, coerce fans' opinion and sometimes bullshit.

In his actual job, I have very little evidence for him either being woeful or outstanding. So, unlike his fan boys, I make very little comment on his capabilities.

I do, however, have the ability to judge the gaffs and cock ups that he put in the public domain and they, especially his final one, only serve to strengthen my view that he had a particularly distasteful trait of thinking that well placed, often twisted, words can and will get the better of facts.

Not a heinous crime as an individual (although not a trait I like) as it is probably only a part of an individual's personality. However, when it comes to a CEO of MCFC, not one that I would want within a mile of the role.

In summary though, my opinion of Cook is based on the personality that he portrayed in public. I do not seek to extend that opinion to suggest it is an informed opinion on his day to day capabilities. Most 'top bloke/this one is for Garry' merchants do exactly that and I find it to be a joke.

Garrrrrrry Cook was a meglomaniac with a massive chip on his shoulder. I don't want to incur the wrath of the authorities by quoting specifics on here, but we are well shut of him.

Stockton Heath Blue said:
I've missed him, even if only for the entertainment value. However, let's not forget all the good things he brought to the club - City Sq, no more getting pissed wet through queuing for tickets, club infrastructure to name a few.

...and the aquaduct!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

However, occasionally I exaggerate a bit when it comes to him to counteract the cult of personality "top bloke" crap that surrounded/surrounds him (which that post was indicative of). Much of which he encouraged.

I find it distasteful and absolutely ridiculous and I am certain that the vast, vast majority of the praise he receives from City fans is due to a concerted effort on his part to smarm, coerce fans' opinion and sometimes bullshit.

In his actual job, I have very little evidence for him either being woeful or outstanding. So, unlike his fan boys, I make very little comment on his capabilities.

I do, however, have the ability to judge the gaffs and cock ups that he put in the public domain and they, especially his final one, only serve to strengthen my view that he had a particularly distasteful trait of thinking that well placed, often twisted, words can and will get the better of facts.

Not a heinous crime as an individual (although not a trait I like) as it is probably only a part of an individual's personality. However, when it comes to a CEO of MCFC, not one that I would want within a mile of the role.

In summary though, my opinion of Cook is based on the personality that he portrayed in public. I do not seek to extend that opinion to suggest it is an informed opinion on his day to day capabilities. Most 'top bloke/this one is for Garry' merchants do exactly that and I find it to be a joke.

Jealousy is a terrible thing...

TGR said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Jealousy is a terrible thing...

Bizarre

TGR said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
TGR said:
5.00pm on Sunday afternoon will be for Cookie!

Fuck me!

Got to be the most out of place comment I've ever read.
Just remember, blues.

When City hoist the trophy on Sunday, wipe all thought of your fellow fans from your mind. Don't think about blues who would have loved to have shared the moment but have passed on. Don't recall past City greats. Don't think of the current players. Don't think about the owner and the classy leadership shown since day one. Don't think about Manchester.

No, think about Garry Cooke. Because, you ungrateful twats, this title is for Cookie! Not any of the other cunts mentioned above who pretend to have 1/9th of the feeling for this club that Cookie has in his little finger.

Can't someone email the club and ask if he can be presented with it instead of Vinny?

Fuck off you ungrateful, sarcastic dickhead.

He's just saying what the majority of Blues are thinking after reading your post

Looks like he's coming

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9260634/Disgraced-ex-Manchester-City-chief-executive-Garry-Cook-welcomed-back-to-Etihad-Stadium-for-title-decider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... cider.html</a>

TGR said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
TGR said:
5.00pm on Sunday afternoon will be for Cookie!

Fuck me!

Got to be the most out of place comment I've ever read.
Just remember, blues.

When City hoist the trophy on Sunday, wipe all thought of your fellow fans from your mind. Don't think about blues who would have loved to have shared the moment but have passed on. Don't recall past City greats. Don't think of the current players. Don't think about the owner and the classy leadership shown since day one. Don't think about Manchester.

No, think about Garry Cooke. Because, you ungrateful twats, this title is for Cookie! Not any of the other cunts mentioned above who pretend to have 1/9th of the feeling for this club that Cookie has in his little finger.

Can't someone email the club and ask if he can be presented with it instead of Vinny?

Fuck off you ungrateful, sarcastic dickhead.

Good ol' Bluemoon

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

The thing is, you dont seem to know very much at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.