Have we seen the last of Elano

People moan about his consistency because they judge him by inconsistent criteria. Harking back to games like Newcastle, Hamburg etc. where he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile is then used as a stick to criticise when he isn't the outstanding player. However the reality is he's had less then 10 games where he has been below par compared to the rest of the team on the day. Compare and contrast to the players with teflon reputations.

When he gets a run of games in the side and isn't dropped even after playing well he has shown what he can do. At the end of the day it's clear Hughes has never liked him from day one and many posters go out of their way to slag him off in a misguided attempt to show their blind support of the manager.

You don't get many players with his ability who don't have a bit of an ego, the key is in how they are managed.

I do laugh my tits off at the comments on here saying he's only ever had 3 good games for the club etc. gives you an insight into how much people know about football.

Disturbance said:
People moan about his consistency because they judge him by inconsistent criteria. Harking back to games like Newcastle, Hamburg etc. where he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile is then used as a stick to criticise when he isn't the outstanding player. However the reality is he's had less then 10 games where he has been below par compared to the rest of the team on the day. Compare and contrast to the players with teflon reputations.

When he gets a run of games in the side and isn't dropped even after playing well he has shown what he can do. At the end of the day it's clear Hughes has never liked him from day one and many posters go out of their way to slag him off in a misguided attempt to show their blind support of the manager.

You don't get many players with his ability who don't have a bit of an ego, the key is in how they are managed.

I do laugh my tits off at the comments on here saying he's only ever had 3 good games for the club etc. gives you an insight into how much people know about football.

yea but this guys ego was bigger than this forum the day we got barry =)

Disturbance said:

It's not about saying he had 3 good games and the rest were awful, it's saying that those 3 games clouded everybody's views and lifted him to idol status when it clearly wasn't warranted. I'm not saying he's been poor every other game or any worse than many of the others, I just feel this hero worshipping of him is unmerited as he's been average at best, bar a few one-off fantastic performances. And to suggest I know nothing about football is an insult, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and if mine differ from yours then so be it. Elano thinks he's better than he is and it seems so do many of our fans.

Some of the reaction to his comments are/will be completely over the top, but sitting back and looking objectively at what is happening at City - he will be an obvious casualty of bringing in new players.

I would play Ireland, Robinho and SWP before him. Barry hasnt come here to sit on the bench, and VK or NdJ will be first choice for the holding role. Add (possibly) Alonso into the mix? He will get cup games if hes lucky.

The lad just isnt doing himself any favours. If you want out, talk to Hughes, ascertain that you arent in his plans and move on. No need for an interview everytime you have something to say.

When everyone wakes up tomorrow, this thread will be interesting...

;)

elano's that kind of player that, if he plays shit it will have a massive negative affect on the team . cant see him fitting in to the squad at all next season with who we plan to buy. gr8 on his day , one of our best when hes in form , but hes a nuisance when he plays shit and moans when he gets dropped. bye bye elano we'll (probabably) miss you

The herald of City's new era without a doubt.

Wonderful at times, woefully inadequate and inconsistent at the grittier end of the drama, but ultimately tantalised us with grand possibilities. Ought historically to be recognised as a very iconic signing in this era of the club.

Baker Boy said:
Disturbance said:

It's not about saying he had 3 good games and the rest were awful, it's saying that those 3 games clouded everybody's views and lifted him to idol status when it clearly wasn't warranted. I'm not saying he's been poor every other game or any worse than many of the others, I just feel this hero worshipping of him is unmerited as he's been average at best, bar a few one-off fantastic performances. And to suggest I know nothing about football is an insult, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and if mine differ from yours then so be it. Elano thinks he's better than he is and it seems so do many of our fans.

It's my opinion that you know nothing about football when you say Elano is average in every game apart from 3. You must be a sensitive soul if you take that as an insult and in the same post say people are over-rating him. If you ever read the threads on here people have posted FACTUAL things like top scorer in his first season, pass completion rates, key passes made etc. but to you that's hero-worshipping. I call it watching games with your eyes open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.